Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Firm Set Chillover
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Firm Set Chillover Next Topic  

BloominGA
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Sherri
Warner Robins Georgia
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  7:29:29 PM  Show Profile
How do you make the firm set chillover? Sometimes people have to draw a picture for me!

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  12:49:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri. You can find instructions and recipes for our firm-set ChillOvers in our last two magazines and our book, MaryJane's Ideabook, Cookbook, Lifebook. If you don't have any of those, you can order them right from our website - just go to the "Our Products" section on our home page, www.maryjanesfarm.org.

Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

BloominGA
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Sherri
Warner Robins Georgia
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  10:56:48 AM  Show Profile
Thanks! I'll get my magazine back from a neighbor!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16374 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16374 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  11:45:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri,
I have this new thing I do with the firm-set ChillOvers I make but haven't had the time to describe it in words yet. (I love visuals too!) I intend to get the description done before the next magazine but here goes:

Since I LOVE using the old-fashioned gelatin molds, the method we used in the book to "unmold" them was to wrap a hot dishtowel (moistened of course) around it for a few minutes or set the mold in a pan of hot water. Well, I've found a foolproof method. I get my tap water running as hot as my hands can stand. I moisten the plate I'm going to display it on (moistening it allows you to move it for centering afterwards). I tip the mold upside down onto the plate and then hold it in place with both hands and let the warm, almost hot, tap water run onto the mold (cascading onto the plate and down your drain). I do that for a few minutes (haven't timed it yet) until I hear or sense the ChillOver dropping out onto the plate. (If there is a troublesome design detail in the mold like the head of a chicken that is likely to grip the ChillOver, I run the water a bit more on that spot but in general I just move the mold around under the warm water). Then I set the plate on the table but before I lift the metal mold off, I take a dry dishtowel and mop up (dab) the water that surrounds the mold (pooled up on the plate around it). Voila! I lift the mold off and none of the ChillOver is ever stuck to the mold. One thing I do want to point out (now that my ChillOver powder has been birthed and we're getting feedback) is to FOLLOW OUR INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY for cooking, etc. When we say three minutes, we mean three minutes, not five or even three and a half. When we say sprinkle the powder into the liquid while whisking, we don't mean dump it in and then whisk, you'll get a lump. Once you master our firm-set, you'll be making exquisite desserts in two shakes of a lamb's tail!
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2006 :  11:52:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the explicit instructions, Queen Bee! I have been hesitating to try my Chillover packets until I had time to figure it out properly. You did a super job giving step-by-step instructions for Sherri and the rest of your fans! I'll be watching for the next magazine and all its ideas!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

BloominGA
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Sherri
Warner Robins Georgia
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2006 :  7:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the info! I made a chill-over using grape juice for my boys and strained the liquid since it appeared that i would have a lump or two. It turned out fine, and if I had put it in a mold, it would have been fine too. I just thought that I would have to adjust the amount of liquid. BTW, it was a hit with all the kids in the neighborhood! Thanks for all your products!
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Firm Set Chillover Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page