Audrey D Abbott
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Audrey
Williamsport IN
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  2:11:56 PM  Show Profile
When I was a child, we called our largest meal of the day dinner and we had it mid day. The evening meal was leftovers or make do and was called supper.

Today - a beautiful sunny, breezy summer 70's temps, started with picking green beans, onions, cucumbers and zukes - DD came home to relax, eat and swim in the pool. Our "dinner" included kidney bean salad, wilted spinach, cucumbers and onions, green beans with jowl bacon and smoked sausage, & potato salad. This was followed by a long swim/float in the pool. Now we are relaxing and watching Nascar.

How's Saturday stacking up in your neck of the woods?

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  2:56:32 PM  Show Profile
Sounds wonderful! I left the house early this morning with baby and Grama to visit Baby Storytime at the library. Our exodus from the house gave DH all the space he needed to *clean the entire house from top to bottom!* How thrilled I was to return to a clean house! Then, he took the baby out for a *long walk* in the afternoon so I could have some time to myself. It's not my birthday or mother's day...DH was just being a sweetie! Sigh...so nice to relax.

I'll repay him with an evening dinner of homemade pizza with fresh golden zucchini, tomatoes and fennel from our CSA and fresh basil from our own garden. I plan to give the baby a bottle tonight (instead of straight from mom) so we can both kick back with a couple of good beers in hand.

Nice Saturday, indeed!!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic A Perfect Summer Day Dinner Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page