Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Craft supply swap - Closed - 7 Days to mail!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Craft supply swap - Closed - 7 Days to mail! Next Topic
Page: of 7

AmericanHwyFlower
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

A.R.
Yorba Linda CA
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  6:53:59 PM  Show Profile
sorry... please withdraw me from this swap... thanks.

Cherish Each Day
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  7:44:18 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, stamped images are a great idea!

A.R. thanks for letting me know- I have taken you off the list.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  08:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I have already started collecting my things for this swap. I can't wait. I hope this helps me to get to know other Farmgirls....lol...I live way out in the country so don't have much interaction with others so I'm looking forward to joining in as much as possible. Thank you for including me. Penny
Farmgirl #3343
God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

So Keep Smiling!

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jul 29 2011 10:03:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  06:36:06 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry but I have to drop this swap. Family matters.

OK, I'm ready-Let's go.
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  9:40:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting me know Susan.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  9:47:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Penny,
Welcome to MJF. You will love it here. If you are a "craft-y" girl you will have such fun with the varied projects on this forum. I look forward to "playing" with you too. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2011 :  10:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Joey, I'm looking forward to it. Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343
God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

So Keep Smiling!
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  07:02:09 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, I've posted partners for those farmgirls who have signed up for this swap so far. I will keep the signups open through Friday August 12th so new farmgirls are welcome to join in on the fun. Sendout date will remain unchanged at September 15th. Feel free to contact your partner by email (click on their red screen name in the left hand column of this forum and then choose the send email link on the next page) to exchange mailing addresses and start your swapping. Have fun!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Edited by - edlund33 on Jul 30 2011 07:03:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

adnama
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

inge
fargo north dakota
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  07:17:57 AM  Show Profile
I would also like to be included in this swap, could you give some general guidelines as to how much(weight) wise or box size so that one doesn't have greater expectations that what would be realized?
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  08:17:00 AM  Show Profile
I emailed my partner. Amy, I cannot wait to hear from you.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  08:22:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I also emailed my partner too Marcy...I am very excited about this swap since it is my first. Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

So Keep Smiling!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  12:17:17 PM  Show Profile
May I join in on this! Sounds fun!!

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  12:58:23 PM  Show Profile
Marcy and I have made contact. Sounds like I got paired with a kindred spirit! Can't wait for the fun to begin. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lwm
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Loralie
Duncan AZ
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  1:27:04 PM  Show Profile
I've been procrastinating-thinking I had until Aug to sign up, but I'm almost ready to mail my package already, so please sign me up!

thank you
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2011 :  2:41:05 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Inge, Linda and Loralie. I've added you to the list and will assign partners again in a few days.

Inge - I think the size and weight of the package will depend a bit on what you choose to send your partner. The guideline for this swap is to send a minimum of 15 separate craft items per partner. Depending on whether you include small items like beads, charms and buttons; or larger items like sheets of paper, fabric squares, rubber stamps etc your package might be as small as a regular envelope up to a large flat envelope or box. I'm planning to ship mine in a small flat rate box. I hope this answers your question.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  10:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
I should love to sign up for this if I still can! Sounds like lots of fun.

Joanna

Farm girl Sister #907

http://joannasmusings.blogspot.com/

Crayola skies for a thousand miles.
~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  5:53:33 PM  Show Profile
I heard from Angie and wrote her back. I'm really excited since this is my first swap.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  7:29:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Joanna, I've got you on the list for the next batch of partner pair-ups!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2011 :  11:14:31 PM  Show Profile
I got an email from my partner! So excited for this swap!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

TansyShy
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Joanna
Wasilla AK
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  09:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Send TansyShy an AOL message  Click to see TansyShy's MSN Messenger address  Send TansyShy a Yahoo! Message
Yay! Thankyou Marilyn :)

Farm girl Sister #907

http://joannasmusings.blogspot.com/

Crayola skies for a thousand miles.
~Charmed Life~
Uptown Girls Soundtrack
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1236 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1236 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  12:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joan, I have e-mailed you!! Can't wait to hear from you. Thanks

Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson

www.etsy.com/shop/markiebuck
Go to Top of Page

vintagemom
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Cristin
Mt.Lebanon PA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  6:09:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi-I would like to participate!
Vintage Mom
quote:
Originally posted by edlund33

Last summer I went to a craft supply swap at a local gift shop. Each participant brought one or more clear jars full of goodies - ribbons, charms, buttons, beads, rubber stamps, ephemera, tissue, paper scraps, fabric, lace, etc - to trade with someone else. I found it to be very inspirational to have new things to craft with.

Let's have a craft supply swap on MJF. Sign up for as many partners as you wish. Signups end on August 12th and the mail out deadline is September 15th. This is a general swap so there are no themes or color requirements. Just package up a minimum of 15 craft items for each of your partners in a small box or envelope. The idea is to share inspiring things from your existing stash of craft supplies - you are not required to purchase new supplies. No glass jars for this swap, please!

In order to be fair to all participants, please do not sign up for this swap unless you intend to follow through with your commitment. If a problem arises during the swap please be sure to contact me right away so we can work out an alternative that is fair for all concerned. Thank you!

Ideas include but are not limited to: ribbons, tulle, fibers, beads, jewels, sequins, buttons, charms, fabric squares, yo-yos, rubber stamps, postage stamps, brads, transfers, stickers, ephemera, pretty papers, chip board cutouts, tags, photos, postcards etc that can be used for handmade cards, mail art, ATC's, match boxes, scrapbooks, altered projects and more.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Here is who has signed up to participate:

Adnama
Prayin Granny
Lwm
TansyShy

Here are your partners:

Farm Dream - Emsmommy5
Knittinchick - Debbies Journey
Nin1952 - Joey
Denise MGM - NancyOH1
Sweettea59 - Jonesy
Deborah Lee - Edlund33
Vintage Saver - Beverley
Marlee - Edlund33
Farmmilkmama - Marcy
Acelady02 - Ninibini

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  8:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Cristin! I've got you on the list.

So glad to see you are all making contacts with your partners and having FUN!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  10:54:38 PM  Show Profile
I heard from my partner. I can take a 2nd partner if you need me too. I do so many crafts, it would be fun. One question though..I know we are supposed to send 15 things. Let's say I'm sending beads or buttons..do 15 buttons count as my 15 things or as 1 thing? Thanks, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1496 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1496 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  06:41:43 AM  Show Profile
Joey, thanks for volunteering to take a second partner. I'll keep you in mind if I end up with an odd number of swappers.

I would say that it is probably best to consider a few small beads or small buttons as one item. Larger beads or buttons could count as a single item.

I think a fair guideline on any items you girls choose to swap is to use your best judgement and keep in mind how you (and your swap partner) would feel about receiving a particular selection of items.

Hope this helps!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Craft supply swap - Closed - 7 Days to mail! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page