Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 HELP! Cat urine on microfiber couch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic HELP! Cat urine on microfiber couch Next Topic  

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  06:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies

I just moved in with my fiance and my cat peed on the microfiber couch. This is doing nothing for marital happiness...I was able to get the covers off but it is on the foam cushions underneath as well. Do you think a dry cleaner can get it out of the cushions and I am being told that if a cat marks an area they will always pee there even if the humans detect no more odor. Any help would be so appreciated!!! These are good couches and I cant afford to replace them...Im still not sure why she did it, she never soiled my couches in my other home...

Thanks
Jenn

Yogifarmgirl Soap and Herbal Apothecary
http://jlogosso.etsy.com
www.sundariyoga.com
http://yogifarmgirl.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sister # 285
Sister on the Fly #1002

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  10:32:33 AM  Show Profile
oh my. To be honest, I'd try a bleach spray, but if that doesn't work you'll have to get a new couch. I don't think cat pee ever comes out.

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  10:34:10 AM  Show Profile
maybe you can cut open the cushion and cut that part of it and buy replacement foam/cushions/covers?

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1507 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  6:07:27 PM  Show Profile
You should be able to wash the cushion with mild detergent and water - put it in a bathtub filled with warm soapy water. You might also consider treating the area with Nature's miracle or similar to remove the odor before you wash it. It's probably a good idea to test the soap and the odor remover in a small area first to make sure it doesn't damage the foam. We had this happen years ago to a brand new denim couch and we were able to clean it ourselves. We still have the couch and never had any trouble with odors or the cat returning to that spot. Good luck!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  07:22:12 AM  Show Profile
There is a wonderful product called "Bac-Out" made by "Biokleen" which has live enzymes which get rid of stains and odors. We have a deaf JRT that is not house broken and this stuff keeps our home smelling fresh and clean after her accidents. This stuff rocks!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic HELP! Cat urine on microfiber couch Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page