Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Question about bread making and a Bosch mixer...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Question about bread making and a Bosch mixer... Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  7:30:39 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies...I thought I posted this somewhere and now it appears to have disappeared! Oh well..
My question is this:
I have a wonderful Bosch mixer with dough hook attachments. I used to make our own bread---with fresh ground flour and everything...but have not done so for years. I forgot how long a batch of bread should be kneaded for using the Bosch. Is it 6 minutes to 15 of hand kneading? Any thoughts would be appreciated! I am looking forward to making a sour dough starter this coming week :0).

Just a Brooklyn, NY gal trying to figure out this country thing after 12+ years in the woods of NE PA!
Sister # 3062
http://restingunderthepinetree.blogspot.com/

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  07:14:54 AM  Show Profile
Donna, depending on which bread I am making, I knead mine from 6 to 10 minutes in the Bosch. I knead my sandwich bread the longest.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  2:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for this. I thought I was in the right range...now I know for sure!

Just a Brooklyn, NY gal trying to figure out this country thing after 12+ years in the woods of NE PA!
Donna
Sister # 3062
http://restingunderthepinetree.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Question about bread making and a Bosch mixer... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page