Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic MJF magazine question... Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  4:35:13 PM  Show Profile
So, should I add the magazine to my Christmas gift list? It looks so darling yet I am such a "have to see it and touch it" person...tell why it is awesome!!
Oh, and I am not sure if this is the right forum for a general question?? i figured you all can direct me if I am wrong...

Just a Brooklyn, NY gal trying to figure out this country thing after 12+ years in the woods of NE PA!
Sister # 3062
http://restingunderthepinetree.blogspot.com/

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  6:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
I put it on my Christmas list and my darling sister-in-law subscribed for me. If you have to see and touch, check out your local Tractor Supply store. They carry it and it's where I first "met" Mary Jane. I love the magazine - the variety of stories, recipes, and tips. What I enjoy most are the sites and links to suppliers for "Mary Jane" style living ideas. I read each issue with pen and paper to make notes of links to explore later. Welcome Brooklyn Gal - and this forum is the perfect place for this question!

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  6:44:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Holly! I plan to be at Hobby Lobby tomorrow and Tractor Supply is right next door.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  7:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Hmm? I have to admit---I have NO idea where the tractor store is---though I KNOW there must be one around here since one of our fav activities is to count the tractors that come down our road :0). Would they carry it at like an Agway store? Well, I have a goal this week...follow the tractors! Thanks...

Just a Brooklyn, NY gal trying to figure out this country thing after 12+ years in the woods of NE PA!
Sister # 3062
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  10:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The MJF magazine is great for lots of reasons- The stories and projects in them are real, honest and come from the heart. Also while there are ads in the magazine- they are all MJF approved- so no cheesy ads from questionable companies. So it is kindof a guide to solid companies that you can feel confident shopping from if their product catch your fancy. I love my magazine subscription and can't imagine not having it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  07:04:07 AM  Show Profile
I first ran across the MJF magazine at our local quilt shop.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
A Beehive is the ultimate Home Sweet Home
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  07:07:53 AM  Show Profile
Hey Donna -

The closest Tractor Supply to Honesdale that I know if is in Montrose. There is also one in Tunkhannock. Or, if you are headed south there is one in Trexlerville, Lehighton, Mt. Pocono and Nazareth.

I heard rumors that one might be going up in Honesdale near Home Depot, but no sign of it yet. There is also one going up in Brodheadsville.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  07:23:11 AM  Show Profile
First found mine at Tractor Supply too. My son renewed my subscription for my birthday last year.
I love the magazine because I feel so positive after I've read it! The articles are varied and there is always something of interest. Even the articles that are not a "fit" for my current interests are worth reading, and I do! The advertising is not overwhelming like so many periodicals and I find that what is there is of interest to my farming/crafting life.
This is the first magazine I have ever started looking for in the mail before it is supposed to arrive. I actually anticipate it each and every time. When it arrives I study the cover and plan for some quiet time to read uninterrupted as soon as possible. I've been know to retreat to the spare room where no one will look for me! If the weather is good I take a cup of coffee and curl up on the porch swing.
I keep the current issue out and handy for weeks after I've read it. There is always something I want to try, research, make or read again. They are usually feathered with flags marking pages. I keep all back issues in my craft room for inspiration and reference.
I don't hesitate to say " Ask for it!" You won't be disappointed.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

DeborahLee
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Deborah
Starkville Mississippi
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  07:32:42 AM  Show Profile
I finally got around to placing my subscription just this week! It is difficult to find locally---sometimes I find it in my local grocery store, sometimes not. There's a great fabric store down the road a bit (25 miles or so) and they also sell it, but I can't always get over there. I really lucked out when I found a stack at our local library on the "freebie" table---I had seen an issue several years ago but hadn't really thought about it lately. But I happened across this stack at the library just when I was making the decision to do some real lifestyle changes....it's like someone knew I needed a little inspiration! And I think that's the real value of the magazine: some of the projects I will definitely undertake, some are SO not me but after reading (or re-reading!) an issue, I find myself thinking about other ideas for projects or activities in a new way.

Deborah

Professor, librarian, writer and farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  11:36:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
Donna - I have an extra Feb/March 2011 I can send you. I got restless while waiting on my new subcription. If you'll e-mail me your address, I'll put in the mail for you. This way, you can see first-hand why we are all so crazy about it!

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  1:11:57 PM  Show Profile
Woohoo! I bought my first issue at Hastings today. I've put it aside till this evening. I can hardly wait to drool on it!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  4:31:07 PM  Show Profile
I am def convinced! I know I won't be disappointing!
Thanks Holly---that was so sweet of you!
Luanne...I heard there was one going where the old Fun and Games used to be---by Pizza Hut and the theater. I have not seen a sign of it either.

Donna
Sister # 3062
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  6:47:56 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DeborahLee

I finally got around to placing my subscription just this week! It is difficult to find locally---sometimes I find it in my local grocery store, sometimes not. There's a great fabric store down the road a bit (25 miles or so) and they also sell it, but I can't always get over there. I really lucked out when I found a stack at our local library on the "freebie" table---I had seen an issue several years ago but hadn't really thought about it lately. But I happened across this stack at the library just when I was making the decision to do some real lifestyle changes....it's like someone knew I needed a little inspiration! And I think that's the real value of the magazine: some of the projects I will definitely undertake, some are SO not me but after reading (or re-reading!) an issue, I find myself thinking about other ideas for projects or activities in a new way.

Deborah

Professor, librarian, writer and farmgirl!

OMG a STACK on the freebie table????????????????? did you know that you had died and gone to heaven??????wow...............sorry breathe margo breathe

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  6:50:35 PM  Show Profile
LOL Margo I thought the same thing! I would need a gallon of coffee and a hotel room if that happened to me. I would not be seen for days.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  8:10:02 PM  Show Profile
So, does that mean i will be waiting at the door for the post to bring me my next issue???? i LOVE mags like that :0)!

Donna
Sister # 3062
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  9:33:46 PM  Show Profile
Yes Donna- That is definately what Margo means! It is the BEST magazine I have ever subscribed to. You actually read EVERY page of the magazine, and cry when you get to the last page that you've finished that months issue. Although- usually I grab another cup of tea and read it again, and again and again- well you get the picture.
I would definately recommend that you ask for a subscription as a gift or better yet treat yourself to the gift. It will be life changing for you, with out a doubt! Enjoy!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  04:52:43 AM  Show Profile
Donna I have to agree with Laurie. Its the best. I have a salon so subscribe to different magazines and let folks take them home NOT MJ's those I keep. They can look all they want there. I know of several that got subscriptions after seeing mine. I found it because a member of the library board came in to get her hair done and handed me an issue a few years back. She said this is the librarians favorite and I think it is something you will love> She was right. Splurge on yourself if no ones gets it for you. If you cant afford it right now ( I know these are tough times for so many) I would check your library.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic MJF magazine question... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page