Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 More photos from Farm Fair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic More photos from Farm Fair Next Topic  

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  9:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Sorry this took so long, gals. Kay, Missy and other farmgirls have posted some great photos of which I have duplicates so here are a few that haven't been posted yet.

This is breakfast in the Plum Pit. The kitchen prepares a delightful organic breakfast with fresh fruit (I picked strawberries for breakfast!), scones or muffins, juices, coffee or tea and an entree such as MaryJane's lovely eggs or a fritatta...

Here are the new Mr. and Mrs. by now...Kate and Emil. Aren't they adorable?

Here's my favorite place on the farm.

They wouldn't let me ride the pony so I did the next best thing.

This is the morning after the night before. This is morning after the campout. These two lovely ladies provided musical accompaniment.

Another photo from the morning after. MaryJane with some farmgirls. MaryJane provided breakfast for all. Yum.

Julie Bell and Cindylou enjoying strawberry shortcakes in the afternoon sun.

THe Rustic Cottage meets BlueRoses

Clark County Farmgirls Patti and Missy with Debs and Paul from England. So lovely they could attend!

Carol and Kay - the biggest smiles on the farm!

One of the bands performing

MaryJane and me

This is the barn where the library is. The kitchen is next to it, with the design studio and the sewing room behind the kitchen. The Plum Pit (or the fruit salad, as Kay and Missy and Patti and I referred to it) is behind the barn.

This is Meggie, some fat lady, and Diane. Meg and Diane were manning the magazine and tote bag booth. I love the sweet little bump you can just start to see on Meggie.

This is Kate and her fellow B&B hostess with Elsie, one of the chefs, in the middle

Here is MaryJane shopping in the vendor tent at Juia's booth

I hope you like seeing these. My best memories of Farm Fair are of the people - the kindness and warmth and humor of MaryJane, Julie Bell, Cindylou and the girls at the farm, my new best friends Kay and Missy and Patti, and all the farmgirls I met - Julia and her lovely children, Blue Roses. Lucas ran the entire Fair himself and kept everything running smoothly.

Sleeping in the Plum Pit was surreal. So totally dark and still. I heard coyotes calling to each other once, which made me wonder what they were up to. And a certain cow choose my first night there to go into heat so she kept bellowing all night about five feet from my bed. Scared the pants off me at first.

There's something magical about MaryJane's Farm. I think it has to do with the woman herself and the energy around her. She has built something extraordinary and gathered around her extraordinary people to keep the momentum going.

I can't help thinking that the world could learn a lot from MaryJane and our farmgirls.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!

Edited by - Utahfarmgirl on Jul 18 2006 9:52:13 PM

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  04:18:17 AM  Show Profile
Patricia- Thanks for posting your lovely pictures! Now I have to go next year!!!

Karin

Edited by - Mumof3 on Jul 19 2006 04:18:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  04:42:23 AM  Show Profile
Great pictures Patricia, love seeing them since I was here and you were there, I would say from all the happy faces that it surely was a good time.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  06:30:38 AM  Show Profile
What a neat photographic story! I so wish I could have been there and like Karin, HAVE to find a way to go next year! Thanks for sharing, Patricia!

Catherine
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  07:16:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks P for sharing your picture story with all of us. It looks just wonderful and everyone seems so happy!! Love you lots, Lu

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  07:30:56 AM  Show Profile
Patricia
You are right on when you say that the world could learn alot from MaryJane, she has so much knowledge, and commone sense...Her place looks a little bit like heaven on earth! I hope to visit someday.
You are so funny...I am glad I know ya!
Love to all
Kate
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  07:41:31 AM  Show Profile
I hope I will see you all at Farm Fair next year! I'm glad you like the photos.

Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  10:26:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Patricia! Thank you so much for sharing the photos. Every time I see picture I miss it all over again. There is something very special about Mary Jane and her farm. I felt very happy, peaceful and centered when I was ther. When I came home I wasn't even interested in having the TV on or spending time on the computer. I was so overflowing with joy and inspiration. It was so great to meet all the girls and I miss you Patricia. Hope all is going well for you. I've been thinkin' about ya!!!

Love and Blessings,
Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
http://LamargueriteFarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  11:32:26 AM  Show Profile
Missy, you overflow with joy and inspiration anyway. You are a beautiful soul, and you come by it naturally through your mother. We had such fun! I can't wait to see you both again!

Love,
P

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  07:54:44 AM  Show Profile
Fabulous! Thanks for sharing, Patricia. I knew MJ's Farm, as well as its creator and steward (MJ), were both inspired and inspiring the first time I picked up the MJ Magazine. Your phtots really give those of us who missed the Farm Fair an idea of the wonder and magic we missed. Oh, to be there next year...

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  11:52:56 AM  Show Profile
Patricia -- thank you for posting the beautiful pictures. Brings tears to my eyes remembering all the fun we had!! That weekend was one of the most inspiring of my life.

I miss you dear friend!! You're so cute on the purple cow!

I choose faith not fear.

Lotion bars, linen water & more in my online shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Edited by - therusticcottage on Jul 20 2006 11:55:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  12:02:53 PM  Show Profile
Kay, I miss you too. This is the hard part -- not seeing folks you've come to love. By the way, I love your tag, heh heh.

Love you,
P

Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2006 :  06:37:33 AM  Show Profile
I know I can....I know I can..get there next year!
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic More photos from Farm Fair Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page