Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 MAIL ART: "Celebrating JULY" - 2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic MAIL ART: "Celebrating JULY" - 2011 Next Topic
Page: of 8

greenbean
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Pennie
Barnwell South Carolina
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  4:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Sandi... Im happy you like it!! :o)

Live simply that others might simply live. ~Elizabeth Ann Seton

Sister Chick #2875
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  07:46:46 AM  Show Profile
Just got my mail art..It is just beautiful! I love sunflowers!
Thank you Sandi hope you took a picture of it to share. I don't have a computor right know , using someone elso right know.
Again thank you for the wonderful mail art. I just love this site.

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Deb-farmgirl sister #462
http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Be like a Sunflower, Turn your Face to the Son.
Go to Top of Page

Humor Me
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Sandi
ID
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  09:10:04 AM  Show Profile
Debra - Thanks for letting me know it arrived, and I'm glad that you liked it. I don't have a photo either due to various mishaps with my camera. I now know that I should check for photo quality BEFORE I send off my mail art. Have a super-duper day! Sandi
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  5:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sarah (Curly'sQuilt),
I am glad you like the mail art. I knew that I was going to do a July 4th. Then I wanted to a personal one. So I am very happy that you liked.It was alot of fun.
Happy Mail Art. FG#3127
Oh the lttle green shiney flower, its a wrapper from mini reese's cups.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  7:41:37 PM  Show Profile
Elaine! I love love love my box!!! THANK YOU!!! My camera battery died as I was taking pictures, so as soon as it is charged, I'll post one! I just didn't want another minute to go by without acknowledging your beautiful gift! I love the theme, the colors, the sun and your letter... You are so talented, my dear!!! It's up on my mantle for all to see! :) Thanks again so very much - you made my day! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  12:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Nini~ I am so glad that you like it!!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  2:22:51 PM  Show Profile

I received a lovely piece of Mail Art from Debbies Journey. Thank you so much...I love it. I plan to frame these and hang them in my sewing room.

Edited by - Christy925 on Jul 10 2011 4:33:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  3:29:37 PM  Show Profile
Is that Cute Or What???? Love It! Nice Job Debbie!
I am sure Christy is just going to love displaying that!
Rock On Mail Artists!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be happy, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  3:48:34 PM  Show Profile
What an honor and a pleasure to receive this card in person from Robin (birdie71) at Mary Jane's Farm this weekend!! I was told this is called Zen Tangling. Robin drew this flag in pen and ink and then colored it. Thanks Robin. So nice to meet you and all the other "farmgirls".

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

annemary
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

WI
290 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  6:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Connie (Shalom Poet),

I just returned tonight from a 5 day trip to Canada and your wonderful mail art was waiting for me. I love the collage, it's very fun and summery, and has inspired me to make a collage. Thank you! I just drove through Duluth today, and I lived there for a few years, I actually graduated from UMD 10 years ago. I love it there, and would have probably stayed there longer if the job market wasn't so poor. I don't mind the cold winters, I'd rather have that than the 95 and humid days like today! Of course Grand Marais was a balmy 58 degrees when I drove through there at 10am this morning. Perfect for me.

Enjoy your gardens and farmer's market produce!

~Anne

Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  1:51:15 PM  Show Profile
Dear Laura (Morning), What a surprise it was to find my lovely July mail art in the mailbox today!!! You did a wonderful job and I love the pink and brown color scheme....Laura made me a tag card holder with matching bookmark...She used pink ribbon with brown polka dots on them (the tags and bookmark) I have a baby shower to attend on Sunday and I will use one of the tags for it. Thank you so much!! I appreciate it very much!! Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

Nettie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Nettie
Bedford PA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  6:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sharon(Bobbinrobin),

Received my mail art. Oh how cute! I came back from vacation to your wonderful art work! That was a great ending to my days off. Can you post a picture for me? My camera battery is dead. Guess I took too many pics of the grandkids. It will be recharged soon but if you have a pic please post for me.

Again thank you so much! It brought back memories of being on the playground and seeing who could swing the highest.

Warm Regards,

Nettie
Go to Top of Page

Shalom Poet
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Connie
Kentucky
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  11:56:54 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by annemary

Connie (Shalom Poet),

I just returned tonight from a 5 day trip to Canada and your wonderful mail art was waiting for me. I love the collage, it's very fun and summery, and has inspired me to make a collage. Thank you! I just drove through Duluth today, and I lived there for a few years, I actually graduated from UMD 10 years ago. I love it there, and would have probably stayed there longer if the job market wasn't so poor. I don't mind the cold winters, I'd rather have that than the 95 and humid days like today! Of course Grand Marais was a balmy 58 degrees when I drove through there at 10am this morning. Perfect for me.

Enjoy your gardens and farmer's market produce!

~Anne

Annemary, so glad you liked the summery collage despite my overuse of the glue bottle! Grand Marais is such a beautiful place - and from what I hear has become somewhat of an artist haven now. With out temps in the upper 90's and heat index of 110 it would be nice to be in Grand Marais about now.

"Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir; I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen
Go to Top of Page

SweetTsEarthlyDelights
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Tina
Old Town Florida
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  4:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Thank You so much for my mail art. I am so sorry for not responding soonerI have been working on some paintings and have been so overwhelmed. : )

http://tinasartisticramblings.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SimplyTee?ref=pr_shop

http://galleryt.utopicstudios.com/
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1502 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  07:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Connie in KY your mail art package will go out in today's mail. Enjoy!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  09:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
TWO MORE DAYS to mail out JULY MAIL ART!!!!

Only TWO days!! Hope you're enjoying this round!

Remember, NO MAIL ART for AUGUST!!!!! Take a break, relax . . it'll give you some time to come up with some ideas for September . . .
and October. . .
and November . . .
and December . . .

Thanks!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13635 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13635 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  7:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Received this BEAUTIFUL surprise mail art from Kim Smith.
A pink "fairy godmother" wand with butterflies, flowers, ribbon, glitter, glittery fibers . . . it is just GORGEOUS!!!

I don't know how long it had been waiting for me to return from the road trip, but what a WONDERFUL treat to come home to!
Thanks so much Kim! I appreciate the beauty, creativity and your thoughtfulness!!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  7:27:33 PM  Show Profile
I just LOVE that, Kim and CJ! That's SO cool!

I am still working on Catherine's - don't worry, I haven't forgotten! :)

And I won't forget to post your pic, either, Elaine!

We've just had two funerals followed by an ER diagnosis that our foster son has severe diabetes... It's been a whirlwind. Please forgive me! I'll try to get it all done tomorrow!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  7:38:07 PM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message

My mailart was also hand delivered to me while I was on the Farmgirls On The Loose Roadtrip! What a treat! While in Orofino, Idaho, Karen Bates (aka kpaints) met up with us and brought it to me! One thing that I love about it is that it fits the roadtrip theme of Women of the Wild West! Another thing I love about it is that she attached a writing by Hamlin Garland in February 1899...what caught my eye was that he wrote "Whenever, the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail;". I can't tell you how that fits me...especially living in Metro Phoenix! I just love it! Once I find my way back to Phoenix, I will be framing it and hanging it on one of my many walls of framed something or another...ASAP! Thank you so much Karen! OXOXOXOXOXOXO

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ www.aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1502 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  8:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Sarah (curlysquilts) my mail art arrived today. I love, love, love it! You are right - the paper is very inspiring. I'm so glad you went for it anyway! I left my camera at the office today but I will post a pic soon! Just wanted to let you know it arrived and is being enjoyed!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Stony Path Farm Lady
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Christine
Morgantown Kentucky
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  4:43:37 PM  Show Profile
Update: I just returned from my apt. with my foot doctor. He was amazed at how quickly my two wounds are healing. He said I must have something special in my body. It is special, but not in my body. He compared the last two MRI's and couldn't see any infection so no more surgery!! I still have to see the blood doctor Tuesday and call him immediately if my foot swells or my temp. rises, but the outlook is so much better than I feared. Thank you all my Farm Girl sisters for the cards and prayers. The cards always seem to arrive with a message I really need that day. I am so blessed to have such faithful family and friends. God Bless Us All.

Christine
Stony Path Farm Lady

It is a Stony Path, not a rocky road, nor a grassy lane, just a stony path.
Not so bad at all.

acbrat@logantele.com
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  8:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Marlene, I'm sending out your mail art tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it...it was fun to make!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

www.youravon.com/rodonnacarson
Go to Top of Page

RedGateGal
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Danielle
Watertown TN
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  06:02:37 AM  Show Profile
Debbie Main from Anchorage....I'm sorry but I will be getting your mail art a little late this time, but I will send it! Have a great weekend, we've got some family visiting this month and I'm running behind.

Farmgirl Sister #2574
www.redgategal.blogspot.com

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

Shalom Poet
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Connie
Kentucky
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  10:47:09 AM  Show Profile
I have received my July Mail Art from Marilyn Edlund in WA today, and what a surprise it was! [IMG]http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/DSCN0943.JPG[/IM

As you can see she decorated this spoon with a daisy, blueberries, buttons and a ribbon. So cute! Thank you Marilyn for the "altered" spoon and your sweet note.

"Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir; I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen
Go to Top of Page

Shalom Poet
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Connie
Kentucky
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  10:50:47 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Shalom Poet

I have received my July Mail Art from Marilyn Edlund in WA today, and what a surprise it was! [IMG]http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/DSCN0943.JPG[/IM

As you can see she decorated this spoon with a daisy, blueberries, buttons and a ribbon. So cute! Thank you Marilyn for the "altered" spoon and your sweet note.

Sorry - photo did not load - I will try again.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic MAIL ART: "Celebrating JULY" - 2011 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page