Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Kids Say the Darndest Things!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Kids Say the Darndest Things! Next Topic  

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  4:39:32 PM  Show Profile
I took my daughter to the doctor today because she has a few spots (including one on her backside) and found out she has impetigo...YUCK! The doctor told me I would have to cut her nails really short so she can't scratch the spots. She glared at him and said, "What am I supposed to do, drag my butt across the carpet?" She's only nine, but she talks like she's forty-five!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  6:31:32 PM  Show Profile
Funny! What did the Doctor say to that response?

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  6:32:26 PM  Show Profile
lol

....it's what's inside a women, when she's up against the land.

Farmgirl #680!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lessielouise22
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  6:49:10 PM  Show Profile
He laughed. She was already mad because she had to shoe him her backside, so he had been hearing caustic comments from her since the poor man entered the room.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  6:51:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh man, that is too funny!!!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  7:14:34 PM  Show Profile
lol for the itching you could try anti monkey butt powder, or this other powder I sometimes get at the pharmacy it's in a pink bottle and starts with CAL. I can't think of it's full name. Both are healing and help itching. and for the bottom! lol haha

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  2:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I remember when I was 13 and had that. ALL over me. It lasted months til my mom got me some stuff they don't make anymore. I took a few bathes in it and it cleared right up. I still have scars on my legs. I believe I got it from a cat scratch. NOT fun at all. Try some outmeal baths too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

plantcarazy
True Blue Farmgirl

116 Posts

Jenn
Montana
USA
116 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile
I wonder if bathing in cornstarch or baking soda may help? I am not sure, but my little one is rash central a lot of the time and that helps her.
(In reference to impetigo).

......Born again Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  03:26:35 AM  Show Profile
I think calamine lotion is what it's called, Heather. Also, I would recommend maybe a sitz bath? And also maybe Aquaphor? I LOVE aquaphor and recommend it highly!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  11:01:07 AM  Show Profile
That is just too funny! Thanks for sharing.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  7:49:38 PM  Show Profile
The doctor prescribed an ointment and baths with antibacterial soap, and already I can see the spots on her face drying up. It has been a good learning experience; it's never been a problem getting her to bathe, but now I see that she was only playing in the water...not using soap or a washcloth or anything, and she's been using the shampoo as bubble bath! We had two bathing lessons where I actually bathed her like you'd bathe a toddler, explaining, "First you rub the soap on the washcloth, and then you use the washcloth to start at your top...". It's something that never occurred to me to check on - seeing if she knew how to properly wash herself when she came to live with us.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  11:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Well the anti monkey butt powder does have calamine in it, but the other pink bottle of pink powder is not calamine, it's some kind of healing zinc like stuff, it's for fungus (like yeast, and after having a baby). It's like Caltrate or something like that. It doesn't have calamine in it though. But, it is pretty heaving and I like it.

And yes Jessie you often do have to teach children how to bathe. We mainly have adopted toddlers in our family. But, the last two were older, one was 8 and the other 6. They are now 11 and 9. And we are still working on doing things like bathing regularly and correctly. It's been kind of difficult and stinky too! haha Also still working on them not pottying outdoors in the yard and they are GIRLS! UHG! haha

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Kids Say the Darndest Things! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page