Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 New Chapter Illinois... 1st meeting help.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic New Chapter Illinois... 1st meeting help. Next Topic  

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  3:10:38 PM  Show Profile
We are starting a new chapter in South Central Illinois. We have several ladies... but don't really know where to start. We want to focus on a variety of "Back to basic" activities and charity work. At our first meeting I would like to create a questionnaire for members. I would like it to let us know where each members strong points are, What each member would like to get from the group, what each members interest are. Any information that may help us develop a strong chapter. I would like this questionnaire to be one that can be filled out by any new member joining as well. Can anyone help me out and guide me on creating a questionnaire, or have one you can share.

Thanks , Patty

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  3:40:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patty, I am starting a new chapter too. I like your idea of a questionnaire. I guess interests and badges might be a place to start. Maybe "What are you willing to teach the group?" in a gentle way so no one is intimidated. Favorite local charities? Are you interested in eating organic? Field trips? meeting places? Good luck and I am subscribing to this post so I can be sure to see your reply.

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  09:52:39 AM  Show Profile
Those are awesome questions. It will be several weeks before our first meeting. So am still looking for more ideas. :)

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

lorraine
salt point ny
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  11:32:20 AM  Show Profile
i think it is a nice idear if each farm girl takes turns teaching the diffrent projects or for them to come up with something to share. a how to on

LorraineMichelle
Farmgirl #3007

Chickens are like potato chips...
You can't have just one!
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  12:53:47 PM  Show Profile
Finally...with the summer winding down, we are having our first meeting tonight and I have my questionnaire ready.I am excited!

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  2:59:49 PM  Show Profile
How exciting!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  3:39:36 PM  Show Profile
That is exciting! Wish I was closer to you all!

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  04:48:12 AM  Show Profile
This was a fun event! We enjoyed sloppy joe sandwiches, socialized, discussed the group, naming the group and what we expected from future gatherings. We also created coasters from clothesline and fabric scraps. We will be gathering again.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  05:08:33 AM  Show Profile
Liz,
You are only about 3 hours away. :) Maybe I could talk you into being our guest at a meeting and you can come visit us. :) Amtrak train stops right in our little town. :) You could teach us to make calorie free candy apples. I am now following your blog. I have so enjoyed reading it.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

osagegypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Marsha
Hominy OK
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  06:57:15 AM  Show Profile
Yay! Congrats on your first meeting!

"Though she never shook the stars from their appointed courses; she loved good men and rode good horses." unk.

www.ChinkapinRanch.com
www.osagegypsy/etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  07:42:53 AM  Show Profile
Do you accept guests from away?

I will be in Central Illinois in mid-September and would love to join you if you are planning any gatherings then.

In any case, congratulations! Sounds like fun!

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419
Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  11:19:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Patty! I COULD always take a little road trip your way! :)

Let me know when your next meeting is!

Liz
Farmgirl #1947
www.militaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  1:54:07 PM  Show Profile
Our next meeting is Sept. 9th. We would love visitors. :)

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  11:38:36 AM  Show Profile
A group of wonderful ladies met at my home once again for a second time. We started a local chapter of Farmgirl Sisterhood.
This gathering included 5 women. We had a dinner of soup, sandwiches and jumbleberry pie. We discussed activities we would do as a group. We are looking forward to a few field trips in the near future. We discussed things we would like to do at meetings. Each one of us have something to offer the group. The first meeting we made coasters from rags and clothesline. This meeting we made a rose for hand towels in the bathroom. We are anxious to learn how to make etched wine glasses our next meeting. Each lady will take turns hosting our meeting. The next meeting will be held at a State Park. We plan on camping. We are all pretty excited.
We discussed charitable projects. One lady in our group is going through chemo. Some of us have been making turbans for chemo patients. She requested that we make turbans as a group. One lady works for Catholic Charities. She requested that we have fund raisers to help with the purchase of disposable diapers for families with infants in need. We discussed making blankets for the local hospital. We also discussed volunteer work at Catholic Charities and The Hope Center. We have a very eager group.
A Facebook group page has been set up so we can keep in contact throughout the month. We will post discussions and invites on the page. It will be convenient for our additional gatherings for charitable work.
I think we all had a wonderful time. I know I did and I am so looking forward to our next gathering.

Patty #1840

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Sep 11 2011 11:39:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic New Chapter Illinois... 1st meeting help. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page