Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Do you ever feel like this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you ever feel like this? Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  08:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That as fast as the paycheck come in- out it goes again?

Just feeling a bit burned out after a morning of paying bills! Phew!! It makes me even more glad that I have a garden to grow food in!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6676 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6676 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  08:18:21 AM  Show Profile
I am with you Alee, I too am paying bills this morning and it just depresses me, more bills than money it seems.
Oh well, I am always thankful I have a roof over my head and food on the table.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  08:20:03 AM  Show Profile
Yes very thankful for a roof over our heads and food on the table- not much more than that. But lots of love to share!!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  09:23:13 AM  Show Profile
yep! had to do the same thing this morning!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  09:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is very true! I am grateful for the roof over my head and the food on my table. I am also grateful for good friends like you who can commiserate with me but also remind me of the other side of the coin! :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  10:05:09 AM  Show Profile
Feel the same way, and thankful for what I have, I know it can always be worse. I'm starting my count down till next pay day.

There is no set path, follow your heart stay the course.

Edited by - Simply Ann on Jun 10 2011 10:05:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  11:01:47 AM  Show Profile
Yep on all of your comments. And then I went to the grocery yesterday and saw the price of milk and just croaked. Time for a cow and some chickens. I am so thankful for my garden for sure!!

Have any of you all done Dave Ramsey's seminar or read any of Larry Burkett's books? We were floundring until we started doing the "envelope method" that these guys support. We don't use actual envelopes, but rather have virtual envelopes on computer. By putting a certain amount in each paycheck predetermined by how much is due each month in each category, paying bills has ceased to be the depressing chore that it was. The money is there to pay the bills, ready to go. I am given an allowance for groceries and if I run out, then I do without until the next allowance payment. Same with clothes, gas, etc. If it isn't in the "envelope" then I do without. We are actually saving money now in the "savings" envelope and it is incredible. Having lived paycheck to paycheck for a very long time, this concept has been a lifesaver for us.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  12:07:45 PM  Show Profile
I can relate to all of this! Always more going out than coming in it seems and when there is "extra" something always pops up. Still as Y'all said- thankful for ALL that we DO have! Mary Beth I plan on looking into that envelope method- it sounds interesting. I get paid every 2 weeks so it always seems like everything is due in the same pacycheck! Lol
Thanks for sharing ladies!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  4:34:35 PM  Show Profile
I had to spend some of the paycheck that isn't even here for 7 more days this morning >_<

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  5:31:09 PM  Show Profile
At least you are able to get a paycheck. Retirement funds go fast. Count your blessings. Remember that happiness comes from within. God bless you girls.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  5:45:54 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Okie Farm Girl

Yep on all of your comments. And then I went to the grocery yesterday and saw the price of milk and just croaked. Time for a cow and some chickens. I am so thankful for my garden for sure!!

Have any of you all done Dave Ramsey's seminar or read any of Larry Burkett's books? We were floundring until we started doing the "envelope method" that these guys support. We don't use actual envelopes, but rather have virtual envelopes on computer. By putting a certain amount in each paycheck predetermined by how much is due each month in each category, paying bills has ceased to be the depressing chore that it was. The money is there to pay the bills, ready to go. I am given an allowance for groceries and if I run out, then I do without until the next allowance payment. Same with clothes, gas, etc. If it isn't in the "envelope" then I do without. We are actually saving money now in the "savings" envelope and it is incredible. Having lived paycheck to paycheck for a very long time, this concept has been a lifesaver for us.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19

mary beth--my problem would be when the gasoline envelope was empty how would i explain to my college instructors that i couldn't come to class????seems all i have done is pay for the car/insurance/elec bill and gasoline....and clothing envelope???? what is that????

sorry-had to whine!!!!!!!!!! but i agree with the concepts! i used to actually do envelopes in the early 70's!

thank goodness commiserating is free!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  6:53:26 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth,

We do the Dave Ramsey method but we don't use envelopes. We're pretty disciplined with knowing we have 'x' amount each week and we know how much we spend in gas, typically, so we know how much we have to spend on food or extras. It's sound principles and doesn't work overnight, but it does work.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  7:25:31 PM  Show Profile
Feeling the same way. Paycheck to Paycheck. Complete blessing that husband has a job so I wont complain. Give it to God and He will make it all work out. I figure it took us years to get to this point so it will take awhile to straighten it out. We started a ledger in April and have been keeping track of everything it sure helps to see where everything is going and where we can cut back. We have gotten rid of the cell phones, my truck and a travel trailer just in the last few months. We are moving uphill. I too can not wait for the garden to start producing.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  7:30:45 PM  Show Profile
Alee, it's like that every week lately. Very hard to pay bills when there is not enough. Some just have to wait.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  05:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kris- I agree. Not having enough makes it difficult. I am turning the gas off on our furnace today and turning the heat on the water heater a little bit. Mornings are still around 49 degrees here but I think an extra blanket on the bed will be fine- we don't need the heat anymore. Usually doing this makes our natural gas bill go from 60-70 dollars a month to around $15.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  7:39:35 PM  Show Profile
I agree with all you gals. Seems like my tank is always on E! Thankful and grateful for what I do have. Had the directv turned off 3 months ago, a savings of $64.99 a month and don't even miss it. I sure have caught up on a lot of knitting projects though. Lol. My precious momma, rest her soul, just a couple years ago said things were gonna get where families were going to have to move in together like in the past. I'm beginning to see her reasoning for this.
Alee, did you get my email?
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  7:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kim-

I got your email- did you get my reply? I will get your items cleaned up and in the mail this week! :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  07:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
Yes i hate the paycheck to paycheck feeling. But i can say we have a roof over our heads, vehicles that run to get dh to work, a garden, chickens and goats. Where my money seems to go after bills is to feed the animals..lol. I only have 1 more year before my house is paid for so that is gonna help!

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  10:51:19 AM  Show Profile
There's a paycheck? How can that be?-I never see it. LOL. Agree with everyone. When we moved here a year ago my husband put out over 40 resumes-not 1 reply. He is now a WONDERFUL house husband. As a nurse, I was unemployed for 3 months..I have never had trouble getting a job before. JUST paid off the $2000 we borrowed from my Dad. Grateful for what I have. I used envelopes in the early 70s too and just seemed to have more then. We're paycheck to paycheck too and don't even own a house, and can't put in a garden, but I am grateful that we finally got some health insurance in March..I feel a tiny bit safer. We do have cable but my husband LOVES the TV (despite my encouragement otherwise)so I figure we get our moneys worth and we don't go out much. Thinking about trying envelopes again. My parents were so much better with money than I am..guess it's not genetic. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

henlady35904
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Kim
Gadsden Alabama
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  8:26:25 PM  Show Profile
Alee, not sure if I got your last email. Hope you and tala enjoy your saddle. Hopefully it will be there Friday. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you ever feel like this? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page