Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic just one of THOSE days... Next Topic  

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  2:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sorry ladies, I just have to vent!
I got up this morning, and it wasn't cold!! The sun was peeking up and I thought, "finally...some sun and warmth for my garden!" Then, my day truely started. I went to feed and clean up after my pointer, and she had passed worms!! Stool sample to our vet confirms round worms.*sigh #1*
I bring the medications home to her, and discover she is coming into heat. My DH has very clearly stated he intends to breed her this season. I do not want to. She is only three, and my "baby". Vet said the worms are not a problem for breeding, because we are treating her now, when I asked him for some "now is not the time..." backup! *sigh#2*
I never buy bread anymore. We love homemade bread, and I make lots of varieties every other day. We had no bread, and I went to grab the sack of bread flour I just knew we had in the pantry...nope-forgot to restock. Trip to the store in town where a small sack is 3x as much $...*sigh#3*

My DH brought in a handful of green onions, and said he wanted tuna salad. Okay, easy enough. I am finished mincing sweet pickles, green onions, a red bell paper, and olives, when I discover I am out of mayonnaise.*sigh#4* It's simple to make some, but just so frustrating. I seem to be cronicly out of ingredients, and I'm still all upset about my sick dog. AND my DH is searching for a stud as I type this...grrrrrrr!

After I got the tuna salad finished up, I went into the garden, to discover this last downpour drown out every single lettuce plant in the garden! *sigh#5* The water pooled up in a few of my bottleneck blossoms, and in a single day, two of the squash are black and rotten.*sigh#6*.

I asked my DH to run to the farmers market for blueberries, so o could make Mary Beth's latest recipe, and the highway was closed. After out rough morning my DH decided he would walk to the market. Then he got there, and for one small pk of blueberries it was over $4.00!!!he called and told me no blueberries today*sigh#6*
(Afraid to come home empty handed, he bought me 3+lbs of peaches.(they are my favorite fruit of all time... this was a good save!)

I did however get two wonderful emails from Nini and Staci, I believe they kept me from a complete emotional tear-fest! For that, I myself, and I'm sure my DH, will be eternally grateful!

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  3:10:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh Annette, we all just seem to have one of those days when everything goes wrong, I am sorry I know how frustrating it can all be. Look on the bright side you have some yummy peaches to eat and put a smile on your face and second you have so many farmgirl sisters that are here to listen. That too is a blessing that will surely put a smile on your beautiful face.
Last, how about a picture of my Doxies to help you smile, they are the sweetest!
Thank God for Farmgirl Sisters what would we do without them.
I hope your evening is a good one, tomorrow is a new day Annette so look forward to it.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  3:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Oh Debbie, they are so cute!! That did put a smile on my face. So did the big sun warmed juicy peach I decided to eat for lunch, because I was annoyed with the tuna my family got!! LOL.
I'm thrilled tomorrow is always a new day. Isn't that refreshing? And I don't know what is do w/o all you farmgirls! Things are always brighter with you gals. Look at the sweet picture you just posted!! Thanks and (((hugs)))

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  3:28:50 PM  Show Profile
All I can think of is that song, "Just Another Day in Paradise..." You poor thing! Well, I suppose today will make tomorrow's little blessings seem a whole lot bigger, huh? ;) Thank God for DH's who remember peaches! LOL! Hang in there - it'll get better! Hopefully - ahem - "The Sun'll Come Out TOmorrow!!!" ('Sorry - it's really tough when you've always got a song in your head that's just ready to be belted out from the heart! LOL! Just be glad you're not one of my neighbors! Imagine actually having to HEAR it!!! LOL!)

Debbie! Your Doxies are so sweet!!! They really do make me smile!

Hugs to all -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  3:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Annette- Oh those days are SO frustrating! Especially when you are counting on your garden to be a source of food for the family and weather just flat out doesn't cooperate! *hugs* I hope the rest of the day gets better and I am sure your dog will get better very quickly with the de-wormer.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  4:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee thanks for the hugs! I'm sure Stormy will be fine, I'm not ready for her to ne a mommy. As for the garden, I have more carrots, radishes, and sugar snaps than I can eat, so I'm trying to focus on that success....
Nini, there is ALWAYS a song in my head too. I think I drive people nuts, cuz they'll say something, and some random song will POP up, and then I'm singing again. Is love to have you as a neighbor, we could drive everyone nuts together!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  4:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Annette- I wouldn't be ready for her to be a mommy yet either- however as a slightly pleasant offset- after a while you will have a couple little Stormys with sweet little puppy breath! I haven't ever owned an unspayed female so I am totally with you on not wanting my dogs to be mommies. I do wish I could have had a litter out of my first dog. She was amazing and I would have loved to have a legacy from her. I guess what I am saying is if you husband is THAT determined to breed her- maybe looking on the more positive side will help you weather the storm? Is there anyway you can negotiate with him for one more year?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  6:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I might be able to stay him off another year. The last litter we had, well one of my dogs had, Heehee, was from by far, the best dog that ever lived!! My aunt has one of he puppies, the others were sold. I was having trouble at the end of my last pregnancy, and with three other kids, and one just weeks away, I couldn't bottle feed, and house train a puppy, and 6weeks before my youngest DS was born, the mama, Phoebee, got pneumonia, and we had to put her down...I'm torn. I want to look at these little Stormies, as a sweet little legacy, but sour memories of a VERY bad time in our lives, if you have ever read my blog, when the pups were born, and we lost mama, was exactly when the rest of my life was changing too. I didn't know it was happening back then, but now, I somehow tie in breeding our dogs with yuckie times gone by...I think that's why I'm so emotional today, and all these little things are adding up...I got blinded with reminders I wasn't expecting. Just took me by surprise.
I'll get through...I've been through a lot worse than a few worms, and a low supply of ingredients, and I LOVE PUPPY BREATH!!!!!! LOL.

Edited by - Heartbroken farmgirl on Jun 07 2011 8:23:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  7:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*hugs* Oh Annette- I can surely sympathize! When we are going through those trying times in our lives- things that are happening can really be infused with an emotional weight that can be positively crushing when we encounter it. And especially if we don't really know that the emotions are tied up with that event or object. When I was pregnant the first time I cooked and ate a pork picnic roast. Well that night I got very ill like morning sickness and then I miscarried. I couldn't eat anything that had pork in it for 4-5 years. I got physically ill at even just the smell of bacon cooking. I know now that it was more an emotional reaction- even when I thought I had dealt with the pain of losing my first child. *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  8:19:26 PM  Show Profile
Some day, maybe tomorrow, you will laugh at this.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  8:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Alee!!! You so beautifully put into words what I'm feeling but couldn't put my finger on. I'm so sorry about your loss. I have had three miscarriages, and there is little in life as hard or painful. I'm so thankful there are women here who "get it". Where would I turn without all of you? Tons of hugs to you all

Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  8:31:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Diane, I'm already laughing at myself for being angry with an inanimate bowl of tuna salad. I refused to eat it, because I forgot to buy Mayo!?! Pretty ridiculous...lol
My DH baked me brownies, and that sure put a band-aid on today.;)

Go to Top of Page

ChickieMama
True Blue Farmgirl

303 Posts

Angela
Banks Oregon
USA
303 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  7:16:44 PM  Show Profile
Well, the good news is that there is always tomorrow to start a fresh new day! Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister#2808
"Happy Hens make Happy Eggs"
http://lazyjoranch.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/lazyjoranch
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  7:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Annette...I'm right there with you. It's been an all over horrible week so far. Not to mention the weekend that was a total bust and just a rotten 2 days. People sick, out of town family that I've only met once in 14 years 'popping' in and expecting the red carpet treatment, canceled party with only 2 hours notice, no garden work done, finding out we are stuck with a friends dog for another week when it's already 6 weeks longer than we were supposed to, and construction blocking us from the farmers market which was almost a 45 minute wasted trip.

I wouldn't care so much for the dog bein here if it wasn't using my duck pen for a home and my ducks have WAY WAY outgrown the little dog crate in the living room. I'm getting awful tired of the duck poo small in my house.

My resourcful DH asked one of the local college students who was riding his bike beside us for directions to get around the bridge that was out and got us to the market just in time to get the last box of gooseberries! I was so thrilled! Add to that 4 boxes of strawberries, 4 boxes of cherries, 3 boxes of rasberries, a bag of onions, and 4 bunches of asparagus and it was so worth the trouble!

I gotta say, life sucks sometimes, but those we love will pop up and do some little thing to make it bearable.

Know that we all love you here and will listen and offer empathy, sympathy, humor, and shared tears!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  9:34:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry you are having one of THOSE days..nice thing is, they usually are days..not weeks of months and then you get up and drink some tea and feel a little better. I hope your day is better soon.
I work in an ER and we had some STUPID teenager come in because he was huffing the spray that comes out of a long tube to spray the wasps without having to get too close..snuffing that crap and he accidently got some in his mouth and ...yup, almost died. Poisoned himself. 3 weeks in ICU. So now we say in the ER "What is so bad in your life that you need to be huffing wasp spray"? and we laugh and get our life back in perspective and get on with the day. I guess as long as we can look forward to another day and aren't huffing wasp spray we're all good! Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  06:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Chickiemama(Angela), thank God we are not stuck in those days! Morning, self, and perspective are all new each day!!
Natesgirl(Angela) oh, I'm so sorry. You're really having a time of it!! You poor thing. The duck/dog issue would really try my patience. Yesterday was much better, but just before dinner I had quite a mishap! I have always used my Expedition to tow our boat, ON FLAT GROUND!!! When we moved, however, we used my DH's f250 to put it in the garage. My DH changed the oil, & bought a new battery for the boat and I grabbed my keys, to hook up and pull it out. My suv is low. There is a slope in my driveway....see where this is going?...anyway, I got my boat AND SUV stuck!!! The spare tire on the trailer on the ground, can't get my back tire of the Expedition on the ground, tounge wedged down and not moving STUCK!! Couldn't even get the trailer off the tow-hitch. It took us over two hours to dis-assemble the trailer....lesson learned. Ugh. Oh well things can always be worse, I could be huffing wasp spray....:(
Joey, isn't it helpful to be able to keep it all, or at least put it all back, in perspective.
Hope everyone of you have a GREAT day!!&hearts

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  07:03:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have to say- my new favorite phrase is the "At least I'm not huffing Wasp spray!" LOL! That cracks me up and I just can't imagine what would lead kids to think that was a good idea!!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  07:25:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee, right?!? I can't begin to imagine what would even elect that idea..."hey, I'm out of spray paint, but here's done handy dandy wasps spray! Poor foolish kids. The whole story was sad, but I keep laughing at the phrase too. You know you're okay, and you must be a farmgirl, when the world falls apart around you, and you can smile and say, "At least I'm not huffing wasp spray!!"

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  07:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Exactly what I was thinking, Annette!! Poor misdirected kid. You know if these kids used half their resourcefulness and ingenuity on productive projects instead of stupidity- this world would not be in so much trouble!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  08:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Here here, Alee!!

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  10:03:09 AM  Show Profile
I enjoyed all the postings.. sometimes we just have those days.. and hopefully just days. I remember a quote from one of my favorite older movies -- "What does not kill us, makes us stronger." by Neitsche. In that young lads case, I hope smarter. ~~ I can see you really love your dog and are concerned if she is bred. If you choose to do so, breed no more than once a year and stop at age 8. Most reputable breeders follow this. And you will definitely need to be on hand for the birthing process. My Elkhound has 7 puppies. I went to bed thinking we were done at 7.. and had two new little bundles of joy in the morning to surprise me. Sooo cute!!! Yes, all pregnancies pose a risk.. and not all puppies survive {I lost my favorite, whom I named "Stupid" {name worked for him} but loved them all ! You'll decide when the time right. What fun to meet you all... and I am a brand new farm girl!!
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  10:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Mary, thank you for all the experienced advice,and welcome!!! I enjoyed reading your post! And I hope you continue to enjoy all the AMAZING sisters here!!

Go to Top of Page

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  11:14:27 AM  Show Profile
Tuna Salad without mayo has less fat calories so that is a positive right there.

There is no set path, follow your heart stay the course.
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  11:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hugs to you!!!!!!!! Wish you were closer I would have brought you mayo and blueberries....

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
Nana to 5
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  06:56:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thank you gals, so much for letting me vent, and then all the encouraging words. Things perk up quickly, and we are having the best week! Yesterday we took the boat out, and I forgot to pack the wakeboard! We have a couple pair of old skis in the boat, and my so and his best friend laugh at the out of date ski concept. Well, we got to teach them to ski!! They picked it up so fast!! We laughed, and joked until my sides hurt. We had a picnic on the beach, and so much fun, my chores are going to wait, and I'm taking them out again today. Today I am just going to play. All 7 of us are water bound, again.
Hope y'all are having a very good day today too! Hugs!

Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic just one of THOSE days... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page