crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  11:34:55 AM  Show Profile
My daughter Natalie is 14 yrs old and will be graduating from 8th grade and heading into the high school in the fall. Her elementary school gives out a $1000 scholarship. There are two 5th classes and 1 student from each class has the chance to be chosen. Natalie has worked VERY hard the past 3 years in middle school and worked on a portfolio to hand in to the committee. The winner has to continue to have at least a B average, community service and extra cirricular activities. I'm so proud Natalie was chosen from her class and is recieving her award tomorrow at graduation. Her goal from about 1st grade is to become a elementary school teacher, her 2nd grade teacher will mentor her the next 4 years, she is a very good friend of ours and Natalie wants to be just like her! I'm so excited for her!! A little sad that she is going up so fast

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  11:57:33 AM  Show Profile
Lori,
Congratulations to both Natalie and you. It is so great to see their hardwork rewarded! I hope this is just one of many instances where she will see the fruits of her labor.

Don't worry too much about her growing up. I have a great daughter, too and they just keep getting better and give you more to be proud of with each passing day!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  6:02:37 PM  Show Profile
Lori - Congratulations to your Natalie!

~ Elaine
Farmgirl sister #2822

"Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you. Now tell me about hundreds of things." ~Saki

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

http://gusandtrudy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  8:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Lori,
What wonderful news! You should be so proud!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  07:01:23 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone- I'm so proud of her, she has worked so hard to reach this goal!!
Go to Top of Page

SarAvery
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Sara
West Stockbridge MA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  09:34:19 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations!! What a spectacular child! It is so great to hear about children with motivation and parents who support them. I love this!! (I am a high school guidance counselor so I love hearing success stories) :)

Farmgirl #3137

Edited by - SarAvery on Jun 08 2011 09:34:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to Natalie. Wow... She'll be a wonderful and great school teacher.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  06:44:24 AM  Show Profile
We had the graduation ceremony last night and it went so well, lots of great pictures! Then we had a reception in the cafeteria with punch and cookies, was going very nice until we were hit with a bad thunderstorm, lost power at the school and we cleared out!! It was a great time and then a great talk about it in the basement for about 1 1/2 hours! Natalie is sleeping in this morning and then cleaning up after the storm this afternoon! Thank you ladies for your well wishes and the congrats for Nat!
Lori
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  06:56:10 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to Natalie -- and you!!! What an honor!!! And a lot of hard work and dedication on Natalie's part! And I'm sure a supportive mother behind her!

Two years ago my daughter received the Seventh Grade Girl of the Year award at her middle school. It was the first time they'd done this and her dad and I just happened to be there at the program that last day of school as she was playing cello with a small group of girls plus I was taking her home after school. She really deserved the award as she's a good student and very involved. I almost cried, I was so proud!!! There was no monetary award but she did get a plaque! She LOVED her middle school years anyway and this event didn't hurt!

Again, congratulation!!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  08:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great!!! She is a very smart girl and very driven to have such foresight!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Simply Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

WI
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  08:40:10 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you and your daughter, I'm sure she will be a great teacher and inspire many. I still remember several of my favorite teachers.

There is no set path, follow your heart stay the course.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  09:18:04 AM  Show Profile
yipee! congrats to mom and natalie!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  12:55:08 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to both you and Natalie!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Great News for my daughter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page