Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 You know your a farmgirl when.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic You know your a farmgirl when..... Next Topic  

farmgirlruns
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Dana
Mount Vernon WA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  2:07:36 PM  Show Profile
You know your a farmgirl when you are suddenly awakened at 2am to the sound of roaring machinery and huge bright lights shining through the bedroom windows, bright enough to make you believe you have just awakened to a third world war; only to finally realize it isn't a dream just rolling pea viners, vining the peas that ripened in the field adjoining your back yard. Oh how sweet it is!!!! I am glad I went to bed at 8:30.

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  2:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey, you know you're a farmgirl when...
You try to "dress up" but can't get that greenish tinge off of your fingers!
Or, for me..
When you have everyday Birkenstocks, and "sunday go to meetin' Birks!"
Kate
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  2:45:40 PM  Show Profile
god bless birkenstocks!! randi
Go to Top of Page

Boxbreaker
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Tia
Lancing TN
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  05:31:12 AM  Show Profile
You know you're a farmgirl when....

you spend 3 days building a coop for your city chickens while your neighbors go shopping, attend ball games, lay out to get a tan....

and then wake up at 3 am wondering how said chickens are doing their first night in their new house!

But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people because they enact their dreams into reality with eyes wide open.
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  3:10:07 PM  Show Profile
You know you're a farmgirl when...

You check your tomatoes and cukes 3 times a day to see if they're finally blossoming.

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  4:28:27 PM  Show Profile
You know you're a farmgirl when...
Hearing the pop of canning jar lids in the next room gives you a good feeling.
You go outside with one thing to do on your mind, and come in two hours later filthy & sweaty and smiling.

http://www.daisyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  10:18:06 AM  Show Profile
You know you’re a Farmgirl when your classroom pet isn’t a gerbil or a fish it’s a baby pygmy goat. Now they call me the "goat lady" at school.

You know you’re a Farmgirl when you go to school and brag about how many tons of hay you bucked the night before. Always found bucking hay and doing chores a much better way to keep fit then sweating at the local gym. Cheaper too!

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  12:47:29 PM  Show Profile
What is "bucking hay?"

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  3:35:30 PM  Show Profile
For me bucking hay is picking up the 75-85 lbs bales loading them on a trailer and then unloading and restacking them in the barn. My 6 ft son (age 13) is a great help but I still do my fair share of the bales. Not as bad as it sounds if you get a rhythm going and it's not too hot. My husband keeps the bales light, no 100 lbs bales, so I can lift them.
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  11:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
You know your a farm girl when you would rather clean the barn and shovel out the horse stalls than clean your house.

Valerie
Yes, I live in my own little world. But that's ok they know me here.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2006 :  12:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
You know your a farm girl when a low flying plan goes over head and every one around you goes wow and you just say there goes .... ( insert name of flyer)

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  11:36:45 AM  Show Profile
You know you're a farmgirl when....your fingernails are filed short to keep the dirt out hands are rougher than your spouses and at the end of a day you compare blisters and callouses
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  2:56:27 PM  Show Profile
Ahh, so "bucking" hay there is the same as "putting up" or "stacking" hay for me. I helped load a loft or two when I was a kid but it's been a long time. Thanks for the explanation!

Let's see, so many things make up a farmgirl... how about, you know you're a farmgirl when the callouses on your feet are stained purple from walking around under the mulberry tree in sandals?

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  5:02:40 PM  Show Profile
You know you are a farm girl when you call in to work to take care of a sick calf. And you had only been in your new postion for a month.I did it too I was so afraid I was going to get fired.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  5:58:23 PM  Show Profile
You know your a farmgirl, when you hear your boys (our miniature donkeys)Chip, a white with brown spots, and Tru (Love)a little grey with a beautiful cross on his back, calling us to come out and visit with them, and we enjoy talking with them, petting them, giving kisses and shoveling poop!!!

You know your a farmgirl, when you love your muck boots more than any shoe you own!

just gotta love it,

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

farmgirlruns
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Dana
Mount Vernon WA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  6:47:30 PM  Show Profile
You know your a farmgirl when you brag more about the great photos of your chickens, than your children.
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2006 :  12:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
Whooo Hoooo Valerie (akcowgirl) hit it right on the nose!

I'm a farmgirl! I'd rather be outside cleaning a stall, rabbit barn, dog kennel, filling a water trough, doctoring a cow, mowing with the tractor, etc. then the cleaning house.

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2006 :  03:22:33 AM  Show Profile
You know you're a farm girl when...

You realize you've missed breakfast the last three days in a row because you "ran out to the garden real quick" just to check for tomato worms and wind up picking a few cukes, tying up a tomato vine, spreading some garlic water (to ward off bugs), etc and before you realize it, it's time to hit the road for work. Certainly the bank I work for doesn't mind a few green fingers and a slight smell of garlic, do they? :)
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  08:33:41 AM  Show Profile
You know you're a farmgirl when... you wake up in the middle of the night just SURE that you've hit on some great new way to serve up the millionth turnip that is ready for harvest from the overplanted garden!!!

Also... when red toenail polish can last for WEEKS because your feet are in work boots, but the fingernail polish? A day at best!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  3:21:53 PM  Show Profile
You know you're a farmgirl when....you go "after Christmas shopping" only to come home with spring bulbs that were on clearance. Then, after planting all 50 of them, you decide to go back for more.
Ann
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  7:31:07 PM  Show Profile
You know you are a farmgirl when your nails are kept short not as a fashion statement but because 3/4 of the year you will be having you hand inside someone to assist with a birth of one of your four legged family members.

You know you are a farmgirl when the pitter patter of little feet in your house has four leggest and horns (weak lamb or goat kid and even once a llama baby)

You know your are a farmgirl when you do a dance at the mailbox because the seed catalogues are in and you then take the phone off the hook so you can look thru them without being disturbed.

You know you are a farmgirl when the weather man says you are going to get three more feet of snow on top of your already six feet and the first thing you do is boil water to keep the drinking buckets flowing and sit with a blanket around your shoulders, cup of herbal tea and your dog eared issues of Mary Janes Farm.

I would rather be a farmgirl then anything else in the world. Time to take the thermos out to the barn and check on my very expecting goats - that is if I don't fill into a drift. Stay warm ladies.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
htpp://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
htpp://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic You know your a farmgirl when..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page