Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Michigan Farmgirls...Is Anyone Near Cadillac?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Michigan Farmgirls...Is Anyone Near Cadillac? Next Topic  

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  11:55:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm wondering if there are any Farmgirls near Cadillac or close by...My family is going up that way soon to look at property and I'd LOVE to hear all about the area!

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  05:37:31 AM  Show Profile
yes!!!! i live south of cadillac off 131 but go to college in cadillac ---emsil me--ask me questions....tell me what you are looking for and what its like where you live.....beautiful area up here but can be a culture shock depending on where you are from!by that i mean no major craft stores within 25-50 miles!!!!!

oooooo maybe a farmgirl to play with!!!!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2011 :  10:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Woohoo!I know where Leroy is...not much about it anymore but,I grew up with family near there. I know it's a slower pace of life up there and that would be wonderful...right now we're down near the Michigan border. We do have a Hobby Lobby here which I love but,other than that nothing for 25+ miles here either.I take it the nearest may be in Traverse City???I'd be fun to have someone nearby with the same or simular farmgirl heart! let you know after we come up what happens...would you mind praying that we find something and can work out the finacial part with thw seller? I'd be ever so greatful :)
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2011 :  03:23:16 AM  Show Profile
of course!!!!
about the craft stores-traverse city or grand rapids...there IS a nice one in houghton lake --
otherwise; yes pace is much slower and i love that!!!
job market is not so great if you dont have something to come to--i got lucky and God was watching over me!
medical stuff- very good docs in cadillac, big rapids and traverse city...

cadillac has meijers and walmart;tractor supply and home depot.we have Amish here in leroy and nearby....
certianly you are in my prayers -if this is meant to be for you!!!!!keep me posted!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  2:48:05 PM  Show Profile
I will let you know...thank you for the prayers!
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  1:17:27 PM  Show Profile
Well,we were up there and looked and most were definately a no go...a couple may be possible.Anyone have any suggestions? We're looking for 10+ acres,wooded with a variety of trees,including nice straight tall pines to build with and or a cabin or house that needs some work but,not too much.Oh,and slightly remote. : )
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  5:17:46 PM  Show Profile
sorry to hear the no-go

Farmgirl # 2139
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2011 :  10:48:07 AM  Show Profile
Thank's Penny....there is one I like but,a few things need answers and we are still looking...with the added difficulty of no computer(BAD Virus and can't be fixed :'( so library only for now)If you hear or see anything for sale that way please lwet me know! :)
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Michigan Farmgirls...Is Anyone Near Cadillac? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page