Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Super Excited- My first order of MJF Organic Beef!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Super Excited- My first order of MJF Organic Beef! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  07:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I just put in my first order for the MaryJanes's Farm organic beef! I am very excited because I am really striving to have our house become all organic! I am becoming so sensitive to chemicals that I am having to look at changing a lot of things in our lifestyle. MaryJane's Organic Beef fits in so nicely!

I had a little taste test at the MaryJane's Farm Fair a few years ago at the opening night. They had made these AWESOME sliders (mini hamburgers) and I wanted to just stay at that table and eat all night! There is so much more flavor in good organic beef than in that questionable stuff you get at the grocery store.

And the best part? The farm that raises the cattle is semi local to me! They are only 90 minutes away! I am very excited! That definitly reduces my food miles!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  4:25:56 PM  Show Profile
Thats super cool Alee. I never looked into it. I didn't know she sold organic beef. Is it very pricey?
I bet you can't wait to get your beef. Congrats.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  5:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Linda- I guess the price is relative. Yes it is more pricey than the store meat...however I _know_ where it was raised, how it was raised and I know that if MaryJane endorses the company then the slaughtering and packaging has to be of the utmost quality. Then of couse I got to taste it during the farm fair and I have to say- It was most "beefy" tasting hamburger that I have had in a long time. The beef we get at the store these days has NO FLAVOR. It is pretty watery tasting as is the chichen. It is a relief to find real honest food to eat.

So yes- the price is more but the trade offs are so great I don't mind it! We might eat a bit less beef but the beef we eat will be healthier and as such we will be healthier.

Plus I am trying to get as many nasty antibiotics and hormones out of our diet as possible.

Did you know the average age of puberty for young girls has fallen to 10 and below? And for girls of African decent doctors are saying it common to see them hitting around the age of 7! The cause? The antibiotics and hormones in our food chain.

I don't think that is healthy for young girls and I want to try to keep Nora from that fate if at all possible.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  06:48:06 AM  Show Profile
We get a side of beef about once a year that is raised natural also. We use to raise our beef but when the drought hit we could not find hay to buy and feed them so had to sell them.Since then our tractor isn't reliable anymore to put out hay rolls and we live on steep hills.
But we have been eating hormone free/antibiotic free meat for 18 years. Sometimes we will eat a burger out (rarely) and they don't taste too good. I know our beef wasn't cheap either but we just eat less and make it last longer. Do they ship their meat out of state or is this a local thing only?

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Super Excited- My first order of MJF Organic Beef! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page