Author Weather Report: Previous Topic WIND Next Topic  

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  4:31:35 PM  Show Profile
And do I mean wind. You expect it with hurricanes and tornadoes, but this side of Colorado gets some 50+ mph winds while the snow is still on the mountains every spring. It makes doing anything outside hard and dries out everything since we are high desert, including me.

Today is a hard day. The trees are bending. We are bending to keep upright, and the poor plants we had to get in the garden are bending.

Anyone else get such wind this time of year?

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  5:29:32 PM  Show Profile
I'm from the northeast. (Now live in sunny Florida.) We spent a year in mid-Texas and I swear the wind was always blowing..alot! I had no idea Texas was so windy. Weather sure has been crazy this year. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Dandelion Wine
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Deborah
Cedar City UT
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  12:54:18 PM  Show Profile
Montrose Girl, You are not alone. We are on the high end of the Colorado Plateau in Utah and yes,we have WIND, whistlin' through the wires, wind. It has been blowing on and off since March. How is your hair holding up? Mine is held back in a pony tail so I can see. Some of my trees are holding strong but the young Aspens are bending.Poor things. We got them staked but still they bow. My high profile columbine is surprisingly holding up but the basil and tomatoes needed a cover. They are beat. I made some out of milk cartons. Then there was frost the morning before last and that killed the leaves on the tomatoes. Crazy weather. Soon the winds will soften and the summer fun will begin. I look forward to planting my corn soon. It is 68 now and the lows still around 38.

Dandelion Wine

Believe In Your Dreams
www.LittleUtahFarm.Blogspot.com

Practice Self-Care. Move your body, use your mind, breathe, and have fun with your life. Open your mind to endless possibilites for yourself, those you care about and the world. Create your life by speaking, feeling and responding in a way that reflects your well-being. Take Care of You.
www.DeborahsLittleGems.Blogspot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  12:10:15 PM  Show Profile
The wind is still coming through though not like the few days of 50 + we had. Now it is warm and windy which is drying out everything. I'm ready for the snow to melt so the wind will stop.

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dandelion Wine
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Deborah
Cedar City UT
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  3:08:13 PM  Show Profile
Today is 75 degrees windy, warm and dry, with blue blue sky. The llamas loved it.They were laying out in their corral all stretched out soaking up the sun. there is wind but it nothing like we had Monday with those 50+ MPH WINDS. They were going this way and that way. Sprinklers are futile so we are soaking with the hoses and filling up the wells around the trees. I am planting my corn tomorrow.

Believe In Your Dreams
www.LittleUtahFarm.Blogspot.com

Alternative tools for Stress Relief and self-care practices. Learn the basics on breath, meditation, Reiki and the power of positive thought."Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi-
www.DeborahsLittleGems.Blogspot.Com
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic WIND Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page