Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic sad night Next Topic  

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  6:32:53 PM  Show Profile
tonight was not only our daughter's last music concert as a high school senior but it was the last concert for us period. three kids and nine years of marching band camps, football games, and concerts has come to an end. I know life goes on and changes all the time but I'm sad. Such special memories and time shared with my son and daughters :(

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  6:34:00 PM  Show Profile
Don't be sad Patricia, you will have the memories. There will also be more memories in the making.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6674 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6674 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  6:35:05 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, to the Nickols Family, now a new chapter in your lives, the best is yet to come.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  7:02:17 PM  Show Profile
Patricia, my daughter graduated 12 years ago and I still miss the choir concerts and drama productions that she was in. Yes there are new memories but I miss those school days. Congrats on moving on to new memories.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  7:16:13 PM  Show Profile
pat; my kids have been outta school for about 15 years and i still miss those days!!!!
hugs!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  9:12:13 PM  Show Profile
It may not be the end! I thought I was done with watching dance teams when my daughter graduated from high school but.....
She helped start a team at her college, coached it after she graduated and then has danced semi pro and now is part of an adult dance company and teaches dance so 11 years later we are still going to recitals, hers and those of her bitty baby ballet to high schoolers!
If your family loves music encourage them to continue their love; church choirs, community music groups, start a band of their own or just play for the love of music. My sister-in-law played her flute for the wild birds and the joy.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver

Edited by - Cindy Lou on May 24 2011 9:13:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  06:43:10 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, I missed all that too when my daughter's were out of school. But now I have grandkids!!! My oldest is in middle school now and in the band. She plays the clainet. It brings back lots of memories. So you have that to look forward to. And it happens very FAST!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 25 2011 :  07:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Patricia, see it as opening a new chapter!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  05:38:32 AM  Show Profile
you're right, new things on the horizon, guess I don't always except life's changes with grace. but I had to say goodbye to those times too. On to college Marching Band !
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 26 2011 :  06:30:59 AM  Show Profile
So understand what your feeling, but like everyone says, you will always have your memory's. I now am going through the emply nest with my grandchildren. Have been able to share the fun times with their parents, with them.And sometimes my stories are not quit what the parents had told. LOL Now when the last GC graduates, that will probably be another story. Thank the Lord, I still have 6 yrs before she'll be out of school. Plus I found that when they and their friends are making a family, it's fun to share in their joy also. Leave it with God and he'll show you another adventure. Will be praying and thinking of all of you who will be entering you emply nest period. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  05:48:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh goodness, but our babies do grow up fast. Hugs to you!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  06:21:32 AM  Show Profile
Did you make scrapbooks for the kids? I'm sure they would love it.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  09:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Aw, I'm sorry this was sad for you! I have to say I agree with Kristina. My mama made me and my little sister scrap books. They started in Jr High, with band, and went all the way through high school. There is a little shrine in our childhood rooms, with our trophies, ribbons, certificates... from concerts, cheer competitions, drama awards, and vocal competitions. I love the scrap books! It is so wonderful too, when my kids go to grandma's, and see the trophies. They talk about then, and grandma tells stories(sometimes pulls out old videos too!!¦>O!! But, the kids are even proud of them for me. Wonderful memories!!

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  5:54:32 PM  Show Profile
I have shared so much with them, I was lucky ,correction am lucky. Yes I have kept scrapbooks for all four of them from kindergarten and we have band certificates and pictures and softball trophies and stuff all over. good times ! thanks for helping me get a bit more positive
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  6:51:58 PM  Show Profile
Patricia,
I understand how you are feeling. My youngest just graduated too. I was so upset, but after several days, I have come to realize, I did all the hard work, and enjoyed "almost" every minute of those 26 years. Now, it is time for my chicks to start their lives.

It sounds like you have some wonderful mementos, and scrapbooks to remind you of these wonderful years! Hugs to you!

Margaret

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
Henry David Thoreau

Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic sad night Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page