Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Looking for insider advice- relocating to TN/KY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Looking for insider advice- relocating to TN/KY Next Topic  

realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  4:02:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey, you farm girls,I have been enjoying your company for quite a while now, mostly "lurking", giving my 5-cents in here and there. Now I need your help.
I am looking for some advice and would really appreciate your help. We are doing some small-scale-hobby farming in Texas right now, enjoying it and being really successful (for ourselves).
We will have to relocate to the Fort Campbell area, i.e. North-West Tennessee, South-West Kentucky , Clarksville, Hopkinsville, North-East of Nashville area in about 2 to 3 months. We will be looking for some acreage and a home out in the country.
What I am asking you is: any advice of what to watch out for? Any particular area to avoid? Anybody who has advice on where to turn to look for property/ house/home ? Any insights about on-goings that you wouldn't know about if you didn't live there? We would be very appreciative of any insider tips and hints!
Let me know if you have advice (of any kind)! Thank you.

Think Lovingly

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  4:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Klara all I can say is CHECK WITH FRANNIE!!!!!!! When she hears you are thinking of KY she will undoubtebly send you many beautiful places to look at. She has already made me think twice about moving there and I am not even moving.LOL Just one look at Frannies place and I think it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

Good Luck!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
http://bethsblissnblossomfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  8:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Klara, I have to second Beth's advice. I am in Central KY, and I don't get to the southwest that much. I do know that some of our "rougher" places are in the eastern and south eastern part of the state. We have a Kentucky Homes magazine, that I am pretty sure is on-line. I guess you would search for KY homes, or KY real estate. You definately need to talk to Frannie, hah and to think, I am a native of KY, and don't know that much about it!

www.kaintuck.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  05:53:24 AM  Show Profile
hey gurlfren .. i e-mailed you and got a 'bounce-back' .. i think it got interrupted by a list thingie you have ... i'll jus' copy the info to you here:

how nice to hear from you and that you will be comin' to my part of the country.

i haven't visited mj forum for a few days now .. been runnin' the back roads!

i just googled Ft. Cambpell and see it is in BOTH KY and TN.

i pretty much only know about central kentucky being fairly 'new' here myself (about 2-1/2 years).

i sure do love this state of kentucky .. and there are wonderful little farms and lots of property in this area ... and at such REASONABLE prices! sure wish i could help you out more with t'other side of the state .. but i've only visited paducah twice .. and then it was pretty much quick trips. i know that is where the 'big lakes' are!

if you are going to be doing any trips here to check out the area .. if i'm not travelling .. i'd be happy to ride there with you to look around (it's about 2-1/2 to 3 hours from me). are you or your husband 'military' and being stationed there?

i'm having a 'gurlfren gathering' here on september 2/3 .. would love if you could join us .. i'll post all about it on MJ forum .. not sure whether or not i did already??? i'm pretty much smack dab in the MIDDLE of Kentucky. i'll send you some info about our place here in KY.

when will you be moving this way? xo, frannie

p.s. please feel free to write anytime. i wish i knew more about that area ... but i jus' don't. sure wish you could move to central kentucky!

p.p.s i have a magazine called: KENTUCKY .. 2005 Official Visitor's Guide .. it's not geared to people who are MOVING here .. but oh my .. sure should convince a person to! it covers all areas of KY .. i'll be happy to mail it to you .. if you e-mail me your address. (i am leaving for OHIO early saturday morning for a week .. then bringing our grandson back here for a week of camping and boating .. sooo .. it may be a couple weeks before i get it to you unless i hear from you by tomorrow.

ohhhh .. this is such a grande place to live ... do come and visit me .. would LOVE if you could make it to the 'gathering' in september! xo

True Friends, Frannie

My KENTUCKY RAMBLINGS 'blog':
http://cabincreekfarm-kentucky.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

realme52
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Klara
Gatesville Texas
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  08:05:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone who pitched in so far!!!! You all are such a big help. I am truely grateful. And Frannie, I find out why your message to me bounced and try and fix it and will try and email you with my mailing address!
Thanks again, everyone! Love to you all.

Think Lovingly
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Looking for insider advice- relocating to TN/KY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page