Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - May 28 2011 :  8:35:07 PM  Show Profile
My dear farm sisters, I went back to work today and it was OK. I like most of the people I work with and that makes such a difference. Your support and gratitude deeply touched my heart and helped me work some thing thru in my head. Thank you all. Farmgirls are the BEST!!
Side note: My father was admitted to the hospital where I work with shortness of breath tonight. He needs oxygen and refuses to take it. I was already in PJs. I got dressed and went to check him in. Maybe I should just sleep in the ER. LOL I work 6:40am tomorrow in a busy ER. Somedays it feels like it never ends. God has such a sense of humor, you just have to laugh. I'll keep you posted, and again, thanks. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  06:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Joey - sending lots of hugs, love, prayers, and good energy your way. My daughter is an ER nurse and some of the stories she's told me make my toes curl... Also, my dad is 92 and he's been to the ER several times. The nurses are fantastic, but I'll never forget one time a woman who had too much to drink (or something else) was in the room next to us. I could hear everything. The nurse showed a great deal of patience until this woman tried to hit her. Then she said, "that's it" and went to get security. They had to restrain her - it was awful. I can't imagine what you go through on a regular basis - but please know there are many, many people who give thanks for nurses like you every day. God bless you...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  11:17:22 AM  Show Profile
Joanne,
I've been helping my sister look for work (and my mother, though she fights it) and my husband trying to upgrade employment-- he's been under-employed for 3 years.
I'm finding that few companies still advertise in newspapers. You'd have a better picture looking on your local craigslist.org, and simplyhired.com (pulls a lot of different job search sites into one search.)

My advice to anyone is to always stay plugged in to the job market so that you know you always have options, it's empowering to feel like you choose the job you're in, and you dont miss any better opportunities.

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Just needing a hug... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page