Arctic Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Marjorie
Nenana Alaska
USA
85 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  1:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Our local Fred Meyer store owned by Kroger offered a $2 off per pound local store coupon on our favorite coffee up to 2 pounds per purchase. We bought our 2 pounds and when we got home going over the receipt we saw that the coupon only gave us the $2 credit for 1 pound of coffee instead of a $4 credit. We took the receipt back to the store and told the manager and were reimbursed our $2 that was owed for the second pound we purchased. While we were at the store we thought we might as well buy 2 more pounds of coffee and the same thing happened when it rang up. Our store keeps the weekly coupons sitting out for the week. We asked the cashier to scan the coupon twice but that didn't work either. So once again off to the manager to get our credit on the second pound of coffee. To make a long story short, the coupons did not represent the correct deal offered. This has happened before on different items. My point here is to be sure when you get home to check that receipt and be sure your store coupons gave you the correct reduction on your items. Since this has happened more than once at our store, we can only surmise that this may be a ploy for the store to get you in and not credit you what is advertised. After all, who normally would complain about $2. The only reason we noticed was, we were expecting a $4 savings that prints at the bottom of the register receipt. Ok, steam vented. I think I need a cup of my favorite coffee. Yumm

Farmgirl #2416

Believe in the power of Love!

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  6:43:13 PM  Show Profile
My mother had a similar issue at safeway for a spiral sliced ham over 10 years ago. Suffice it to say, they gave her an extra free ham to get her to leave!

"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  7:22:00 PM  Show Profile
This happens all the time at the grocery store in my town. It's not just coupons, but store sales. It's frustrating because the cashier can never fix it, and I always have to go wait at customer service until the manager can help me. But, I will wait however long it takes, thought the longer it takes, the grumpier I am.

~Rhonda

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  7:34:44 PM  Show Profile
Yep, here too. That's why I drag my poor hubby along when I go grocery shopping because he unloads the cart onto the conveyer belt while I watch the clerk ring up every single thing, including the coupons. That way, I can stop her and point out the error and get it fixed right then before I ever pay. And believe me, I catch them almost every trip!!

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 22 2011 :  11:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It's always good to check an make sure you get the full value! I think a lot of times someone enters the coupons into the computer wrong which is why something doesn't ring up correctly- and that should be fixed immediatly! I worked as a cashier at Wal-Mart for a couple months while I waited for my current job to open up and one thing I did like was that we had the authority to auto correct anything that was under $5. Really if I had wanted too I had the actual ability to do it for the whole amount but usually we were only supposed to exercise that within the $5 range. If I forgot to run coupons I was always embarassed, but happy when the people corrected me.

Keep couponing ladies! They can get you some really nice deals!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Arctic Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Marjorie
Nenana Alaska
USA
85 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  9:08:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the info. I am not glad to know that you all have the same problem but I am glad to know you get it right when the store gets it wrong. Alee, you are so right about that "couponing" can save money. This week alone we saved $26 on food stuff we wanted to stock up on before the price goes up again. Yahoo!!!

Farmgirl #2416

Believe in the power of Love!
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 29 2011 :  09:46:03 AM  Show Profile
You all also may want to check your local laws. Here in Michigan there are laws specifically pertaining to price accuracy in grocery stores. (I don't know if the law covers coupons, but it might.) Consumers who are overcharged are awarded 10 times the difference in price, with a minimum recovery of $1 and a maximum of $5.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Store Coupon reckoning! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page