Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Don't forget about LocalHarvest.org
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Don't forget about LocalHarvest.org Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  08:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I try to check it out every so often to see if any new farms have been added to the area. I just saw a friend's farm has sold out on her CSA for the Year! Yay for her, sad for me! I didn't get a slot! I guess I need to get my garden going and soon or I am not going to have anything this fall!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 19 2011 :  08:09:15 AM  Show Profile
I did check again, this year, Alee. And I was in luck! Most of the CSA's in and around our area are about 40 miles from me...and that's just too far to drive for a pickup. But I checked local harvest again this year, just for fun, not really looking, and ran across a newer CSA in Verona, 13 minutes from my house! We pick up our first "bushel" this weekend, and I'm super excited. We bought a half share for $250 for weekly pickup until the end of October, early November. Includes pumpkins, you pick, goats milk products, eggs, etc..I'm very excited!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Don't forget about LocalHarvest.org Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page