Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Sinus Rinses and Neti Pots, Oh My!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Sinus Rinses and Neti Pots, Oh My! Next Topic  

Brandy Patricia
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Brandy
Sarasota Florida
USA
57 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  10:59:15 AM  Show Profile
I just would like to share with all of you that I finally convinced my allergy, sinus infection prone significant other to try a sinus rinse. Ever since we met a year ago I've suggested that he try a neti pot or a rinse (after we got to know eachother a little better of course) to remedy his sinus issues, but he always relented, thinking it would be uncomfortable and gross.

I was made aware of this little miracle device when I went to music school and all of the voice majors sweared by it. Whenever they felt the onset of a sinus issue, they used it religiously, and many students used neti pots and rinses as a routine maintenance for their health, just like brushing their teeth.

My boyfriend finally tried it about a week ago when he was all stuffed up. Immediate relief after use, and he clearly saw the error in his resistance to using it. Not only that but his sinus infection cleared in 3-4 days, all without visiting a doctor.

I also use it every once in a while, makes me feel clean because I know I don't have any junk in my sinuses.

Anyway, I just wanted to post another testimony to non-pharmaceutical medicine. So go on, give it a try, what do you have to lose except for a bunch of boogers?

GOD BLESS AMERICA

--Brandy Patricia

Life's a ditch when you're a dirt digger.

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  3:19:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brandy,

I LOVE my neti pot!

I have always dealt with sinus issues and was literally taking at least 2 Tylenol Sinus per day before I tried it. I love it and maybe take sinus medicine once every couple of months now.

I highly recommend getting one too for anyone

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - May 18 2011 :  4:29:00 PM  Show Profile
It takes some time to get use to how to use the neti pot but it works wonders

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Honorary Farmgirl

521 Posts

Brian
Moscow ID
USA
521 Posts

Posted - May 20 2011 :  3:20:36 PM  Show Profile
I love my Neti Pot. :)

Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/MaryJanesFarm
Go to Top of Page

ChickieMama
True Blue Farmgirl

303 Posts

Angela
Banks Oregon
USA
303 Posts

Posted - May 21 2011 :  1:13:11 PM  Show Profile
I was grossed out at first too and thought that it would cause me to choke but now, years later, I love using my neti pot. If I get a bad sinus headache, all I have to do is use it and it is gone!

Farmgirl Sister#2808
"Happy Hens make Happy Eggs"
http://lazyjoranch.blogspot.com
http://etsy.com/shop/lazyjoranch
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  06:41:23 AM  Show Profile
i love my neti pot too-it works so good. it does take some getting used to though. i think my family thinks i'm crazy but i don't have to suffer with terrible sinus pain and pressure anymore so let them think i'm crazy!

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  2:00:01 PM  Show Profile
I love my neti pot too. I use it twice a day when the pollen is high. Most of the time I don't have to use it daily.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

blackfell_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Casey
Chandler AZ
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  10:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see blackfell_farmgirl's MSN Messenger address  Send blackfell_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I have the NelliMed and I use it like a Neti Pot and I too love that thing. I use it routinely to keep allergies at bay, and it works. It also helps keep my nose from running constantly. :)

blackfell_farmgirl

HorseCrazy!
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2011 :  8:33:10 PM  Show Profile
We love our Neti-pot. It helps noses stuffed for any reason.
Tammyb

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  03:23:39 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE my neti pot. My husband refuses to use it-said that the first time he used it (under my supervision even!) he said he felt all "weird" the next couple days. (Insert eyeroll) I use my neti pot whenever I get congested. It makes my whole head feel clear! And during the flu season I use it every few days to keep the germies out!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Sinus Rinses and Neti Pots, Oh My! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page