Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Looking for a Great Peach Cobbler Recipe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Looking for a Great Peach Cobbler Recipe Next Topic  

granola girl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Gina
Valrico Florida
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  09:43:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!

Anyone out there have a great Peach Cobbler recipe made with fresh peaches? I would love to have it to make this weekend...on my way home up in Georgia, there is a great peach stand right outside Watkinsville. They sell the sweetest, juiciest peaches ever. If I had a great recipe, I could enjoy Peach Cobbler this weekend!

Farmgirl At Heart

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  7:00:11 PM  Show Profile
Get ready, cause this is good!
Jamboree Peach Cobbler from A Texas Hill Country Cookbook

1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
3 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced OR 2 29 oz. cans sliced peaches, slightly drained.
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in oblong baking dish (8x12). Sift together flour, 1 cup sugar, salt, baking powder. Blend with milk. Pour mixture over melted butter in pan. Spread peaches over this. Mix 1/2 cup sugar w/cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches. Bake 1 hour. Crust will "magically" appear and cover surface of cobbler.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  7:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Ohhh I printed that recipe right away I LOVE recipes!! Thanks for sharing KJD!!!!

Hugz!!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  7:42:39 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome! I guarantee you'll love it - I make it A LOT! When I don't have fresh peaches, it's still really good with canned. Everybody I know, friends and family, are thrilled when they see it coming!
Go to Top of Page

granola girl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Gina
Valrico Florida
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  06:46:20 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KJD

Get ready, cause this is good!
Jamboree Peach Cobbler from A Texas Hill Country Cookbook

1/2 cup butter
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar (divided)
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
3 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced OR 2 29 oz. cans sliced peaches, slightly drained.
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in oblong baking dish (8x12). Sift together flour, 1 cup sugar, salt, baking powder. Blend with milk. Pour mixture over melted butter in pan. Spread peaches over this. Mix 1/2 cup sugar w/cinnamon and sprinkle over peaches. Bake 1 hour. Crust will "magically" appear and cover surface of cobbler.

Farmgirl At Heart
Go to Top of Page

granola girl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Gina
Valrico Florida
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  06:50:06 AM  Show Profile
Dear KJD,

Thanks so much for posting the recipe...I am going to make it when I go to NE Georgia and get peaches along the way to my home! Can't wait to try it!!!

Farmgirl At Heart
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  10:55:44 AM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Here's the one I made when I bought GA peaches from a roadside stand last week:

Fruit Filling:
Sliced peaches (I used about 8)
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. water
3 T cornstarch
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
Combine ingredients in sauce pan, except peaches. Over high heat, heat to boiling, stirring constantly. (Heating in the microwave for a couple of minutes until thickened works just great too.) Spoon over sliced peaches in baking dish.

Cobbler Topping:
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/3 c. all purpose flour
1/3 c. sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. whipping cream (I substituted skim milk)
In bowl mix dry ingredients, cut in butter with pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add whipping cream (or milk) and stir gently. Crumble over fruit.

Bake for 25-30 minutes at 400F, until topping is golden and fruit is hot and bubbly.

Gina, you're not too far from me. I live in Pasco County.

Katee

A life without love is like a year without summer.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

granola girl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Gina
Valrico Florida
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  04:20:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Katee!

Thanks for another great looking recipe for Peach Cobbler. I have printed it out and will be making it when I get to Georgia! I leave again on Friday for another 2 weeks there...we have a 2nd home there but no computer yet. I will have to check in on Saturday and see who they have paired me up with in the cookbook swap.

Yup, you live up the road from me. Pasco is certainly exploding isn't it? Is it still country where you are? I have a dear old friend who lives in Land O'Lakes but is getting ready to move to Gainesville. She has lived there since the early 70's before it got big.

Katee I hope we get to meet some day! Have a great summer, what is left of it! Soon the kids will be back in school!

Gina

Farmgirl At Heart
Go to Top of Page

Audrey D Abbott
Farmgirl in Training

34 Posts

Audrey
Williamsport IN
USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  2:46:23 PM  Show Profile
If you get the Food channel, last night's episode of "Good Eats" with Alton Brown was on cobblers and the variety of recipes that constitute the category of cobbler. Grunts, cobbler, crispy toppings, top and bottom crusts, etc. Interesting stuff and I'm sure the recipes are on the website. One variation was a rhubarb peach with an interesting bottom crust.
Go to Top of Page

granola girl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Gina
Valrico Florida
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  07:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Dear AJD,

That Jamboree Peach Cobbler recipe you posted is a sure winner! I made it for my family and they just loved it!! Thanks ever so much for sharing it!

Farmgirl At Heart
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  1:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
I am glad to say I can cook anything if I have a receipe......except for cobbler. I'm an walking diaster when it comes to cobblers. I've tried everything to keep them form boiling over in the oven and nothing seems to work. I've even made my MIL's receipe and it boils over, her's does not and she doesn't put a pan under it and I do. I've even watched her make it too many times to count. Any suggestions....I'm desparate! I'd love to say I have finally mastered cobblers after 20 years of marriage. Peach cobbler is my favorite so I'm really going to try these if ya'll give me some tips!

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  4:01:38 PM  Show Profile
Gina,
So glad it was a hit!
I'm making it Saturday night - having friends and family for dinner.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Looking for a Great Peach Cobbler Recipe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page