Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Things I love about the new issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Things I love about the new issue Next Topic  

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  11:26:25 AM  Show Profile
1) Advacado ice cream

2) magazine holders from cereal boxes (I'm always struggling with buying magazine holders, they're so $$, but I also don't like my mags hanging all over the place!)

3) The town in Maine that made their own rules about local food. LOVE IT!

4) The whole article on buttons

5) Dish Drainer quilts!! - eeee! I have been struggling for so long to find a new drainer for my dish rack. I have an extra large one and all the drainers I've found in stores are too small. I'm going to make my own! Why didn't I think of that?!

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com
http://farmmade.com/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=9&p=catalog&mode=vendor&vid=66

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  11:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sarah, two of my immediate favorites were the magazine holder and the dish drain quilt. They are both on this weeks to do list! What would we do, really, without the great ideas, and fun frugal suggestions, or inspirational stories? Aren't the photographs beautiful too?

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  1:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Sarah,
I luv the dish drain quilt,,,and I plan to makre one for all 3 of my Glamping Trailers...what a cute idea & way cuter than a dush towel under the dish drain/rack!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltingma
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

sandy
Hebron Indiana
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  2:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltingma a Yahoo! Message
I love the magazine holder. I have already made 3 of them!! I am going to make the dish drain quilt next. Keep the great ideas coming!!!!

Living the country life!
Go to Top of Page

BoPeep214
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Stephanie
Fort Wayne IN
USA
50 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  5:25:10 PM  Show Profile
I bought some padded dish mats about a month ago and love them. They are a little drab though since they are plain white. I adore the dish drain quilts! I cannot wait to make them! I also LOVE the strawberry ice cream! My kids are begging for some as I type!

Stephanie
Farmgirl #2920

"Happy to share with you such as we've got: the leaks in the roof and the soup in the pot." `Unknown`
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  7:25:59 PM  Show Profile
If...(I barely sew), you had some of the old quilted place mats, just seems you have a start toward some new dish mats.

I haven't had a chance to really comb through the issue yet, but I loved the idea of the potato salad pockets! What fun!

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Things I love about the new issue Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page