Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Raccoons and Rock chucks oh my!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Raccoons and Rock chucks oh my! Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  10:26:42 PM  Show Profile
Yep..the place is becoming a wildlife sanctuary of sorts. not really. We do have a big red rock chuck who likes to hang out under the old rickety hay barn out back and a raccoon that likes to invade the mudroom at night and go for the dog food. I blogged about them today. My kids want to catch the raccoon and tame it. I think NOT. I am thinking have-a-hart trap and a nice drive out near the creek outside of town for him. I worry that my new ducklings and baby turkeys will arrive next week...don't need HIM around to greet them!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  6:42:13 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I hope you can catch the little buggar and haul him off. He could be dangerous so be careful. The are awfully cute though. What kind of turkeys are ya gettin'? I have Bourbon Reds. They are almost a year old and laying eggs the last few months. I found a nest yesterday with 8 eggs. I left one. I have 4 hens and a tom. And they are tame and follow me all over. I can even herd them. But have to have a really long stick. They are so pretty too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  11:13:35 PM  Show Profile
The turkeys and ducklings are a mixture...one of the farmyard combos from McMurrays. I wanted to get just bourbon reds but they were out..or didn't have enough or some such thing so I got this combo. I had a pet turkey named Earl for years and just love their personalities. Ducks too..it has been about 9 years since I had ducks. I missed having them. A friend is taking a couple of the turkeys so I will have probaby 4 to raise. I want to keep at least a pair or a tom and two hens to raise more if I can.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 17 2011 :  7:58:28 PM  Show Profile
aunt Jenny - good luck with your new arrivals and keep us informed and posted about them! Love reading abaout your new pets..... :) And Mona too of course.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Raccoons and Rock chucks oh my! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page