Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Cancelled my Directv account and guess what....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cancelled my Directv account and guess what.... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  3:22:02 PM  Show Profile
the lady said to me....

She: "So, you're cancelling your account. You're not going with another company, are you?"

Me: "No, I'm not but if I wanted to, I would. Shouldn't matter to Direct one way or the other."

Can you believe?? I'm supposed to send the receivers back within X days and yada, yada. She didn't like it very much that we don't have a physical house, only a mailing address. I cancelled because Direct wouldn't do another 6 month suspension. Actually, I don't miss it. It seemed to me when we used it (before we went back to trucking) there were too many commercials and I still couldn't find anything to watch, except for a few shows...which I can watch on my phone or online.

Okie dokie, vent over! :-)

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  6:13:07 PM  Show Profile
i here you on this. we have net flix and i love it. we use a roku and my lap top. we have it hooked to the tv. NEVER A COMMERCIAL. no dreary news either. so good for you. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  12:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Send it back with confirmation receipt. When we returned ours they tried to say we didnt until I gave them the tracking info.
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  2:20:06 PM  Show Profile
Good to know about the confirmation receipt. I sort of suspected but will do so.

Netflix sounds good. Don't know what a roku is but I can find out.

Here's the kicker, after talking with a friend, we found out we could get the dvr thingy and I can program it off my phone to record the shows I want. When we get home and for vacay, we are looking at houses and NOW hubby wants it back...life goes on, eh?

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  06:04:49 AM  Show Profile
I didn't have direct tv, but did have cable through my phone company. We just canceled yesterday and I'm feeling so much better about it. We have a Roku box which is AWESOME and highly recommended! The few shows we actually like to watch are available on some of the Roku channels--I like paying for just what I want to watch instead of 900 channels of crap that doesn't interest me and 1 or 2 channels that have shows I do like, but show the same stuff over and over. Congrats to you Ms. Winnona!!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps, if you are not willing to move your feet--Dr. Kioni

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  4:19:56 PM  Show Profile
We just have Netflix and the Roku box to stream it to the main TV. I have a laptop upstairs that I watch Netflix Instant movies on and I also have the free hulu.com on it for movies and old sitcoms that I like.We don't miss TV AT ALL!!! Give it a whirl Winona!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Cancelled my Directv account and guess what.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page