Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  06:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my word ladies! I sure wish I could teleport you here! It would be nice to have some can-do sisters along for the ride!

First I have to swing by Nora's preschool and drop off tuition and school picture money. Then I have to hit not just Costco- but Wal-Mart too!

After those horrors- then I have to come home, gather up all laundry in the house and head to a laundry mat- getting $20 in quarters along the way. Our washer is broken and I won't have a replacement until the earliest this Sunday which is the eve of possible tonsil surgery.

Then I have to get some things together for Nora's birthday party (belated) on Sunday and my nephew's first communion.

Then I need to clean the house from top to bottom since as mentioned above- I may be having surgery this week! I have a doctor's appointment on Monday and hopefully surgery on Tuesday.

During all of this, Nora is going to be with me so I will have to find ways to make it fun and not too boring for her.

Wish me luck!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

adnama
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

inge
fargo north dakota
USA
171 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  07:16:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh where is the tech from star trek when you need it? If it was possible, I (the house cleaner from heaven) as one of my clients calls me, would be there and gone before you got back from the store. All things happen in good time, take it slow and easy and stay focused and before you know, it will be done.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  07:49:24 AM  Show Profile
Isn't the truth - a true farmgirl's work is never done! Days like that can bring tears and stress, but oh man, are you going to sleep well tonight, Alee! Hang in there, you can do it! Prayers are on the way! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  07:53:18 AM  Show Profile
That really is an agenda, Alee! You'll get it done, though, and make it like a game with Nora. Give her a treat after each stop, or some sort of "goal" until the next is completed. But, I know she's probably a good girl, anyway, so it won't be too difficult!

I loathe the laundrymat, though, so I'll be thinking of you today--I swear, there were times I'd rather throw away clothing that was dirty than spend my whole day in the laundry mat!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  07:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Wow Alee, busy! You'll get it done, just pace yourself. Enjoy the time with Nora(though I know it can be tough to shop with lil ones! Lol) one project will be finished, on to the next, and you'll make it LOOK easy. Hugs

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  08:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Inge- Fargo isn't that far away!! You could be here in what- 8-9 hours? *LOL*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  07:05:23 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I hope you got all that done and aren't too worn out. Ya know, they want you to be healthy when you have surgery. So take it east this weekend and get some rest. I sure wish I could have been there but my day sounded a little like yours.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 14 2011 :  08:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Kris!

I got some stuff done- but it was a crazy day. Lots of little things went wrong and by the end of the day I was pretty wrung out. I didn't get as much cleaning done and the Internet is broken at my house. I honestly feel like other than getting shopping and some laundry done- I didn't get much done and might have made things worse!! Oh well! What can you do?

I did get most of the laundry caught up. I forced my broken washer to limp along. I really think the only thing that is a problem is the belt needs replaced. So I did laundry by half loads all evening and made quite a bit of progress. I also got the bathroom scrubbed from top to bottom and disinfected. That felt really good to have done.

I am going to work more tonight. Probably later than I should- but that's the way of it. LOL It will be nice to have my house in order for once though!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What a busy day ahead! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page