Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 Farmgirl Bake & Craft Sale-- Please Help!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic Farmgirl Bake & Craft Sale-- Please Help! Next Topic  

kentuckywoman
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Majal
Ashland KY
USA
63 Posts

Posted - May 11 2011 :  9:37:26 PM  Show Profile
I hope it is okay to post a link to my online Bake & Craft sale on here! I am going to post the link in a couple other forums on here that I think it might be suitable for.

Here is the link to my Bake & Craft Sale site:
http://funds.gofundme.com/carhelp

The short version is that I scrimped and saved for ages to get a nice used car. Less than a month later, it was hit and run and totalled on St. Patrick's Day night by a drunk driver, while it was parked in a residential neighborhood. Unfortunately my insurance won't cover a hit and run and I definitely need to get another car as soon as I can.

I can't work right now to be earning up money because I don't have a car, and live in a rural place where there is no public transportation and is too far out to bicycle to the city. I also don't have a car I can borrow. So, I am having a Craft & Bake Sale to earn money to buy another car. I figure, even if most people that take a look at my donation site just give $1, that will add up and I'll make it to my $2,200 goal soon enough!

I appreciate your reading this, and even if you can't spare a couple bucks, just passing the link along to others will be so so appreciated by me!!

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 12 2011 :  04:46:19 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about your car. :( That's so horrible. I wish you all the best in you fundraising!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - May 12 2011 :  06:47:23 AM  Show Profile
Another option might be taking this to small claims.

Sounds pretty cut and dry to me that the drunk driver owes you money for crashing into your Volvo...

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 12 2011 :  06:53:10 AM  Show Profile
Hey Majal, you really need to look into an attorney. Why are you paying insurance premiums if you're not protected? It wasn't your fault, so after paying your deductible, there shouldn't be an issue. You really need to consult an attorney--often, a simple letter from counsel opens the doors of communication REAL quick!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kentuckywoman
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Majal
Ashland KY
USA
63 Posts

Posted - May 12 2011 :  10:17:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all your advice everybody!

Well, the issue is that the drunk driver that hit my car left as soon as he did it. Just drove away. So nobody knows who that person is, or the license plate number or anything.

Since it was a used car, I had only personal injury and liability insurance. In most cases, if someone had hit me and it was their fault, I would have been taken care of, but since it was a hit and run, I was left with nothing.

I tried to push the police to investigate further but they said there were so many people driving busted up white Ford trucks around here that there would be no way to find them or prove it.
Go to Top of Page

rebekahj
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Rebekah
Santa Cruz CA
USA
128 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  09:12:39 AM  Show Profile
Majal: I am so, so sorry about your car. I also only have liability on my volvo wagon. I have never been in an accident that was my fault and I just assume if someone hit me they would have insurance and the decency to stop. My car is older and could be replaced for less than what I would pay in insurance premiums over the years if I had full coverage, so i don't think financially it is worth it to have full coverage. However, it would take me a few months to save up for a new car if mine was totaled. I would be in the same situation as you would be in if I was hit by someone who took off. I feel for you! Best of luck to you! My thoughts are with you. HUGS

Urban-Farmgirl Sister #2173
http://chicken-merry.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Marketplace: Previous Topic Farmgirl Bake & Craft Sale-- Please Help! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page