True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello!

I'm looking to connect with any of my farm sisters in the East Tennessee area. This can even expand into Eastern KY, Western NC, and Northern GA. I'm always looking to meet and make new friends in my region, and expand my horizons.

Let's get to know each other. Tell about yourself. What's happening in your community (festivals, craft shows, exhibits, etc....)? We can share, live, and learn together ..... even get together and visit!

Blessings,
Andrea

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  07:41:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andrea, i'm in Englewood, it's a small town of about 1600 near Athens. we have an antique shop and not a lot more. LOL. I live with my hubby of almost 37yrs and out daughter, who is 33. we have some rather serious health problems, so going out is a real treat on our good days. my daughter make jewelry, I do little figures with polymer clay when I can. we are in the process of turning our 1/4 acre into a very mini-farm. LOL.

where is Blaine? Near Knoxville? we are about 60 miles from Knoxville and Chattanogga, right in the middle. looking forward to getting to know you. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  2:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey Phyllis!
I know exactly where Englewood is located! I've been through there and it's a very beautiful and very quaint area. Blaine is located in Grainger Co. We're approximately 30 miles north-east of downtown Knoxville. I tell people that you take the Knoxville Zoo Drive Exit off I-40East, head north for about 20 miles, and you'll run into Blaine.
When we first moved up here 18 years ago there were more cows than population. Now since the sewer moved in we're getting a Weigles, a Subway, a Sonic, and a Food City. Needless to say, there aren't as many cows as there use to be!
I'm a young mom in my late 40's. (Sheesh, did I just say LATE forties??) I'm a nurse by trade but haven't worked in a while as we homeschool our children. Ages 14, 11, and four.
I've subscribed to MJF for years but have just in the past few months become involved in the forums. I love the swaps, and especially the ATC trades.
How close are you to Fort Loudon? We always try and go down for the Battle of Fort Loudon reenactment in September. My husband for years has been interested in reenacting for the French & Indian War, 1750 era.
Glad to meet you! Hopefully there's other East TN ladies that will find us!

Blessings,
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  08:19:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andrea, Yes I love living in Englewood. we have a Subway, a Bp station and a lot of churches. LOL. everyone seems to know everyone else. when we first moved in one neighbor met us with homeade jelly, and brought a lady that grew up in our house to tell us all about it. when asked where we lived, folks would say, "oh, in Brownies house, next door to Billy Herman". LOL. We lived in Fla. for several years, and I was really happy to get back to Tn. I grew up in Cleveland.

I was a nurse too. I retired in 95, so have been out of the field for quite a while. good for you for homeschooling, wish I had been able to do that. oh, and don't worry about late 40's, I'm in the late 50's. it's just a number.

I'm not sure about how far we are from Fort Loudon, I'm guessing about 25miles?? will have to look it up. maybe when you all come down, we can get together. I know we have a few other sisters in East tn. hopefully they will see the thread and join us. I enjoy the forum, though I don't post very often. I enjoy learning about other peoples lives and dreams. take care. blessings Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  7:36:13 PM  Show Profile
Couldn't help but laugh. We bought our house from a young preacher and his wife. They'd built the house on a piece of land given to them from his family's old farm. They built the house, lived here only 5 years, and then sold to us. We've lived here EIGHTEEN years and are very involved in the community. We give directions to where we live and people look at us with that 'deer-in-the-headlight-look'. So then we just say, "We live in Darryl & Edie's old house". Then everyone goes "OH! Why didn't you just say so!!" LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - May 12 2011 :  06:40:03 AM  Show Profile
that is a hoot!!! I would think that after 18 yrs it would be your house. LOL. one of the joys of small town living. How is it going today? Dexter is getting tomatoes planted today, I'm supervising. that's what I do best. LOL. take care Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Bookworm
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Chris
Clinton TN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:40:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Andrea and Phyllis. I live in Kingston, near Oak Ridge. I'm new to the forums and am excited to make new friends.
Blessings,
Chris

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,there is a field. I will meet you there." -Rumi
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  05:39:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Andrea, I live in Apison, TN about 20 minutes south of Chattanooga. I am in my "late" 30's LOL... I have 3 children, 17, 13, and 8. We live on 10 acres, my list of animals has decreased due to hawks and coyotes, now we have 3 horses, 1 duck, a rabbit, 2 dogs. I raised barred rock hens and they slowly dissapeared. It has been so hot a dry this summer here, I have been nursing my tomatoe plant daily, everything else is finished and pulled up. I wish it would cool down so I can plant som broccoli. I am a stay at home mom, and my hobbies are: woodcrafting (I do several craft show with my sister) ATC swaps, crochet, baking, and gardening. I also enjoy horseback riding in the Fall. I am Presdent of the PTA at my daughters Elementary school. (which is like a full time job). I am tring to be more active in our small community by hosting school wide community events. enough about me, I would love to meet you all some day, I have met several farmgirls in GA and Kentucky and what a joy it is to know them!

Kelly #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  05:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh my I can't believe you live in Blaine TN, that is the first place we moved when we went to TN...WOW...then we moved outside of Luttrell up on Clinch Mountain, now I am in GA. Hello and glad to meet you Andrea

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  04:49:49 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ya'll!

I live in Spring City, TN. 30 min from Athens, an hour from Chattanooga, so close to many of you. Have you all met up? If not, would you like to after the holidays?

Much love,

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  05:06:03 AM  Show Profile
I am right below Chattannoga. Is anyone getting together yet? I didn't read all the posts yet.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  2:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kris, the original thread was from this summer and so far no new replies...BUT we could start a meet up! It would be good to be around some farmgirls!

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  09:33:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kris and Ashley, the Smoky Mountain Farmgirl Chapter is starting up again. Myabe we could have a get together after the holidays. It would be great to get to know everyone:)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  11:06:53 AM  Show Profile
Hey Phyllis!, Penny! Kristin! Ashley! Chris! and Kelly!
I'm so sorry that I haven't been on here like I should. It's been a very hectic past several months. Penny, it's such a small world that you use to live in Blaine! Did you ever run into Kenny Chesney in Luttrell? Blaine is such a small place but a great place to live. Kim lives in Strawberry Plains and is working on getting the chapter of the Smoky Mountain Farm Girls up and going again. I'm game! I'd love for us farm girls to get together after the holidays. Strawberry Plains exit is a convenient point right off of I-40 and just west from the Sevierville exit.
Thanks!
Andrea

Edited by - AutumnSpices on Dec 20 2011 11:49:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

AutumnSpices
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Andrea
Blaine Tennessee
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  11:17:38 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kim!
Thank you so much for the Christmas card! That was so sweet! I'd love for a local chapter to start up. Getting a meeting together after the holidays sounds great. Strawberry Plains would be nice and convenient right off I-40. I haven't looked up the facebook page. Smoky Mountain Farm Girls? Right?? Thank you for doing this!
Blessings,
Andrea
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  2:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Andrea! I am glad you liked the card :) The site was started a year ago but it is the Smoky Mountain Farmgirls on FB. Feel free to post. And yes, StrawPlains would be great to get together. We'll talk after the holidays:) Merry Christmas!

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  11:10:55 AM  Show Profile
Hello!!! I am in TN too, please post details if you all ever plan a get together!

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´Michelle Farmgirl #85

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Ghandi

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Go to Top of Page
  Gathered Up: Previous Topic East Tennessee Farm Girls?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page