CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  05:56:04 AM  Show Profile
Here are the discussion questions for Anne of The Island.
Warning: There may be spoilers in the questions or answers, so if you haven't read the book yet and you are reading this discussion, be prepared to be informed!
Feel free to answer any or all of the questions. These are discussion questions, so there are no right or wrong answers. If you have your own questions you want to ask, feel free!

1) Do you think there is symbolism in the apple tree episode at the beginning of the book?

2) This book often uses colors to describe moods. Share your thoughts about how that is different from the other books.

3) Who is your favorite minor character?

4) Does Mrs. Skinner's romance seem like a comical version of Anne's own choices in matrimony?

5) As we see in the coming books, Anne is never really at home again at Green Gables. Share your thoughts about Patty's Place and what makes it so homey.

6) Ruby Gillis' death affects Anne deeply. Explain why you think that is.

7) Name some themes or stories that you think represent growth, change, and maturity.

8) "I do know my own own mind," protested Anne, "The trouble is, my mind changes and then I have to get acquainted with it all over again." Has this ever happened to you?

9) Anne finds her 'dream' romance to be lacking in reality. Has this ever happened to you?

10) If you can, share your own proposal story.

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com
http://farmmade.com/index.php?option=com_ixxocart&Itemid=9&p=catalog&mode=vendor&vid=66

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Reading Room: Previous Topic Anne of The Island Discussion Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page