Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Spring Cleaning! Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  05:36:47 AM  Show Profile
That time of year is here again! Any suggestions on how to best clean window screens?
I have closets, ceiling fans, under furniture and several other spring time cleaning projects that need to placed on a nice, orderly list today in the hopes the weather will warm up some and I will be ready for the next warm day!
Anyone else out there do some spring cleaning each year?

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  05:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Donna- if you have a lot of screen, I would fill the tub with a shallow layer of soapy water. I usually wash them with a spounge for the screen part and a rag for the frame.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1507 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  06:05:42 AM  Show Profile
I spread mine out on the lawn or the driveway and spray them with detergent. Then I take a brush or sponge (BF uses a car wash brush) and scrub them gently before rinsing them off with the hose. I like to do this on the lawn during the summer so the water goes in the soil rather than running off.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  12:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Also you may want to check our Flylady.net you never have to "spring" clean cause you do things each day (15 minutes a day) and by the time spring is here/over you have done every thing but not all at once. She usually gives tips/hints on how to do each chore as well.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

136 Posts

donna
honesdale pa
136 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  5:04:35 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the car brush tip Marilyn! That would save on my back :0).
Heather---I have read a lot of The Fly Lady's site and books. I am not exactly a "neat freak" but I am one of those people that throw everything away, have zero piles in my house save the counter with my current mags/reads, and I an known for my lists :0). I guess I am clean "enough" with my daily chore lists (each child at home gets one!) but I only "deep" clean twice a year---meaning under large furniture, pull out the basement boxes, organize closets---that sort of thing.

Cleaning and organizing is something I actually enjoy doing--and I am always looking for more ideas and better ways, so I know I will learn a lot here :0)!!

Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Spring Cleaning! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page