Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 This Little Piggy Went Sideways
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic This Little Piggy Went Sideways Next Topic  

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  5:37:34 PM  Show Profile
And so I am sorta whining because little piggies aren't meant to go sideways. They break and turn black when they go sideways. Sigh. I guess I may have a hairline fracture in the metatarsal too. The doctor sent the x-rays to a radiologist to doublecheck because my bones are pretty small and the doctor said that she may have missed it. I hurt all the way up into the calf. Hmmm. Did you ever think about that? We have calves and piggies as parts of our bodies and if we complain about either we also become horses' rear ends. Wow. We are a regular barnyard menagerie!

No. I'm not on pain meds. This is the normal me. :-)

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  6:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
OUCH! but atleast you havent lost your sense of humor!

www.barefootfashion.wordpress.com

http://www.corrinemackrell.carbonmade.com
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  6:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I'm sorry you got hurt! You are funny. Keep up the laughter, its the BEST med! Feel better soon.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13628 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13628 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  7:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Broken toes are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Painful!!! Been there and done that! And, years later I still have a bit of sensitivity. I'm sorry!
Yes, they hurt up into your calf. And, having sore, painful feet just makes your whole body miserable.
Keep it elevated and take care of yourself.
Yup . . . keep that sense of humor!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  8:10:59 PM  Show Profile
Toes are the worst pain! I broke my little toe once and it swelled to the size of my big toe! Yow! I feel for you. Do try to take it easy, ice it when you can and like CeeJay said keep it elevated. Ibuprofen is the BEST for swelling and inflammation if your tummy and liver can handle it. IMO tylenol is worthless for this. Do take care of you.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  8:22:29 PM  Show Profile
Ouch! Glad to see your sense of humor isn't broken! Take care.

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  8:23:52 PM  Show Profile
Well, there should be a broken piggy club. I broke 2 of mine a few weeks ago. It ain't fun at all. I hope you are feeling better soon. And laughter IS the best medicine and you sure made me laugh! I know you weren't laughing at the time though. Sorry.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  8:55:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh no, Mary Beth.....makes me hurt just thinking about it!! Take care of yourself, prop it up and enjoy a good read!

Prayers & hugs!

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  10:09:15 PM  Show Profile
You guys are great. And I have concluded that a broken toe is probably the one thing that the entire human race has in common!! I think it is what truly brings us all together as one because we have all heard that crack and uttered, "Oh crud" or something to that affect! :-) I am hoping that it is only the toe that is broken. I've had a broken metatarsal on the other foot that never healed properly and the fact that my right foot can take up the slack has been a blessing. If they both go, I'll look like Quasimoto minus the hump!!

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  04:30:42 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth~ Keep your foot elevated and feel better!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2822
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  05:51:17 AM  Show Profile
sorry about your piggies! hope you're doing ok-it hurts so bad when we hurt something so small on our bodies! kinda ironic

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  7:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh, sweetie. I've broken all of mine at least twice (graceful, ya know). I found that taping it to an adjacent toe helped. It gave the broken piggy some support. The last time I broke my left littlest piggy and yes, the metatarsal behind it. The doctor I had was an idiot who kept me in a wooden shoe for months and kept saying I wouldn't heal because of my age (40s) and because I smoked (which I don't do anymore). Then he said if they casted it, then I would have to rehab the ankle, which I've done with both ankles anyway. Finally got an orthpedist on it and he put me in a boot. Every night it came off and the ankle was exercised. Four weeks later, it was healed. Just keep faith and it will get better. Ice for swelling and raise it up for pain.

Piggies are so darned small and yet they support so much of our weight and help us get around. And yeah, they hurt a lot when we injure them.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  05:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Heh, Kay! Well, being that you are near Midwest City, you might know of Dr. Olsen - orthopedist who is in MWC. He put me in a boot yesterday and said to wear it for a week. I guess I have broken the metatarsal too because the whole top of my foot is blue. I am glad I went when I did because I didn't get my left foot checked when I did this same thing and wound up breaking two metatarsals that had hairline fractures and gettting a neuroma as a result. Not fun. Anyway, I was able to do the Oklahoma Arts Festival yesterday evening with my daughter and had a blast. It was a perfect evening because it was cold and not many people were there, as the Thunders were getting ready to play the game that moved them to the second round of finals and everybody was heading to the stadium! :-)

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  05:58:50 AM  Show Profile
Neuromas are the worst!!!! Like standing on a live electric wire. I finally had mine surgically removed. I developed mine the same way Mary Beth. Broke a metatarsal training for a marathon, ran on it, never had it treated and got myself a neuroma for my trouble. I hope you heal well and quickly. I'm glad you went to see someone!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  06:14:05 AM  Show Profile
MaryBeth, I'm so sorry you broke your little "Piggy"! It hurts for sure! I'm barefooted at the moment - which is how Piggy's get broken :( !
Glad you went to the doctor and that you are on the mend - take good care!
Hugs and prayers,
Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  08:56:02 AM  Show Profile
Connie, do you have much numbness because of the surgery? They want me to do the same thing, but I'm not sure it would be that much better. Is it?
MB

Mary Beth

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic This Little Piggy Went Sideways Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page