HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  05:11:36 AM  Show Profile
I'm looking to make a large number of craft items to give to terminally ill patients. (probably about 100) Anyone have any ideas for something simple yet nice? I had thought about making some kind of angel but can't find anything. Any kind of craft that would brighten their day would be good. I do have lots of fabric scraps from projects. I did some foam door decorations for Xmas, but only was able to do about 2 dozen of those.

Hug a horse or a dog today!

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  06:49:46 AM  Show Profile
What about small heart shaped pillows, or just small stuffed hearts. I will look through my books and see if I have anything with angels.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  09:26:11 AM  Show Profile
I would suggest going to the "tip nut" website. They have bazillions of great ideas. I did a quick peruse and found things like... drink sleeves, pillows, tags, stationary, hanging water bottle (wheelchair or walker), hats, tote bags, shawls, and a really cool hexagon folding basket.

Are these folks in a facility?

Do what you love, love what you do.
Go to Top of Page

Simple Seamstress
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Monti
Roy WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  10:50:18 AM  Show Profile
I like the small pillow idea, lap blankets, warm hats are nice too. If your making something out of fabric, it would be nice if it's washable.

My youngest son passed away from cancer in Sept of 2008. Gabriel received quilts, blankets, and stuffed animals that were made by volunteers. They are a treasure I'll always keep. Anything you make will brighten someones day.

I have fabric I would love to share. Please let me know if I can help.

Farmgirl Sister #2858

"No good deed goes unpunished."

Go to Top of Page

HorseLady
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Rose
Irwin PA
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  3:57:24 PM  Show Profile
The patients are at home and also some in personal care and nursing homes, mostly elderly. There is a group already that does blankets and that sort of thing. I am looking more to do some sort of craft, for decoration, not necessarily a functional item. I thought the concept of a "guardian angel" was nice, but can't seem to find one I can make. I already sew adult bibs out of towels, which is "functional" and catheter covers. I'm out of fabric right now for the catheter covers so the offer of fabric would be great. My fabric scraps are pretty small so I'd have to buy large amounts of fabric for pillows, which isn't the way I wanted to go. Also trying to find some sort of decoration that you can make from those tiny flower pots. I seem to remember you can make some cute things from those................

Hug a horse or a dog today!
Go to Top of Page

adnama
True Blue Farmgirl

171 Posts

inge
fargo north dakota
USA
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  5:03:43 PM  Show Profile
sent you an email under azureblue***
Go to Top of Page