BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  10:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Susan, you just have to know my "Royal Family". Noses get stuck where they don't belong. Gotta love 'em! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2011 :  10:11:14 PM  Show Profile
Hear, hear, Lisa! MaryJane has made us a wonderful place with wonderful sisters and I'm fortunate to have found it!

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  6:08:33 PM  Show Profile
When I read this in my Bible I thought about this thread:

"Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life." Proverbs 16:31
Go to Top of Page

kiminca
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Kim
Ontario CA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  7:32:48 PM  Show Profile
I struggled with this for a long time. I dyed because my kids were little, but I would wrap up my wet hair and see this halo and got really curious...When I decided to go for it I had my hair seriously streaked which was really great camo for the grow-out time. Now it is not only naturally greying but long--I have what I call 'racing stripes' in the front. I get all kinds of compliments--more than I did before! I think it has brightened my face. I usually only wear blush, mascara and lipstick--but lipstick has become really important!

It made me feel more like myself, so it has worked for me. YOU have to feel good about your decision. It is a great adventure, kind of like a treasure hunt!
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  04:56:21 AM  Show Profile
Well, I can tell you what mine is! By looking at my roots, it has to be completely gray! But I'm never going to let it go gray. I'm a med reddish brown. I do it myself at home. I had it done professionally twice and hated it both times. I'll never know how gray I am and I'm not sad about it. I can't go too light or I lok washed out so I know completely gray would look awful on me.
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 08 2011 :  7:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I was in the eighth grade, at a sleep over, and my girlfriend said, "Annette, you have tons of grey hair!" I went home and begged my mom to let me start dying my hair. That started it. It's been every color under the sun. I have had a very hard life and struggled with depression for years, so by 19 I was over half grey, and the Dr says the depression was why. Oh well, here I am, 33, and this last year, I said goodbye to my last naturally dark hair:(.
I was just thinking about letting it go from dark brown salon color, to natural, and having my stylist put deliberate grey chunky streaks in (like Staci London, the girl from TLC's What Not to Wear and the old Pantene commercials). This way it looks more like I chose the grey, rather than the grey taking over. It will also maybe, help me slowly adjust to being a completely grey 33 year mother to toddlers....
I don't know. I'm finding it a VERY HARD decision, but I am a stay at home mom, and the money to color seems vain, or a bit wasteful. Ugh! My DH says go for it, but I always wonder if its because he doesn't care what color it is, or likes the $$ we'd save LOL

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  07:38:30 AM  Show Profile
I started going grey at 23. I'm 51 now. My grey is silver. Still have a bunch of my dark blond. I get compliments on my hair all the time. Love it!

----------------------------------------------------------

www.cedarmountainherbs.com
Cedar Mountain Herb School and Botanicals
Become a fan! http:/https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cedar-Mountain-Herb-School/199194060117277

Go to Top of Page

eraumom
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Lisa
Herrmiston OR
USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  07:52:51 AM  Show Profile
Its been 9 weeks since I went to the salon, and the silver is beginning to show. It doesn't seem to bother me at all. YET. I'm loving the posts on this thread, they are all so wonderful.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 09 2011 :  6:21:00 PM  Show Profile
After losing all my hair last year to chemotherapy, it has come back somewhat thicker and decidedly more dark than gray. My sister says to leave it alone, but I did like my light brown hair much better after learning all the gals where I worked used coloring on their hair. When we had a picture taken, I was the only one with gray hair! I still haven't colored it, though I have a box in my cupboard for doing just that.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - May 10 2011 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile
My bathroom wall has streaks of orange on it from when my daughter died her beautiful light bright blonde hair to red! Must be time to paint since it was 10+ years ago!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Book Ideas: Previous Topic Greymatter Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page