Author Weather Report: Previous Topic rain, rain, go away Next Topic  

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  04:42:25 AM  Show Profile
seems we get nothing but rain lately..Ohio spring is always temperamental but some sun would be nice. I am just ready to put the winter coat away :)

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2011 :  04:51:52 AM  Show Profile
I hear that Patricia, has been cold and windy if not raining here, yesterday the sun was out but the wind killed the heat from it.
Jill Lillian
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  4:30:35 PM  Show Profile
oh man. We've had the wettest April on record here in KY! I'm on vacay visiting my family in Ca to escape it all!

Farmgirl #2879 :)
Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  8:32:30 PM  Show Profile
My poor garden has washed out several times now. We replanted the first time, but we gave up about 4 weeks ago. I'm hopin to get some stuff started and restarted next week.

I did get some sun today! I sat in the 60-something degree windy front porch and sunned my toes over the rail! I was wrapped in a blanket to keep warm, but my toes felt nice! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  03:46:12 AM  Show Profile
It is supposed to be sun here today but then the next three to four days -- rain.

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2822
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  06:15:35 AM  Show Profile
No kidding! We had a gorgeous day yesterday with sunshine and 60 degrees, but this morning it's pouring again with no end in sight on the 5-day forecast. This area had double the normal amount of rainfall in the month of April and our temps are still a good 10-15 degrees below normal. I haven't even attempted to plant my garden yet because I know nothing will flourish. In the meantime I have my webbed feet on and am waiting for spring to arrive....

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 05 2011 :  06:26:54 AM  Show Profile
OMG the sun is out, not sure what to do ! but never fear rain is back in the forecast for the rest of the week, will I ever get the garden space ready and the yard...need a goat
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  07:54:51 AM  Show Profile
We had the coldest and wettest April EVER!! Today it is raining again. The farmers are one month late in planting. It is a mess----but I suppose all will turn out ok. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  07:55:26 AM  Show Profile
so much rain !!! this is getting a bit ridiculous, one day of sun and 5 days of rain hope it isn't like this all summer
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1503 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1503 Posts

Posted - May 15 2011 :  11:49:43 AM  Show Profile
Still raining here, too Patricia. We had a beatiful day yesterday until about 5 PM and then the flood gates opened. I too hope SUMMER will be here to stay very soon! Otherwise I'm going to have a very late garden this year.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  06:52:40 AM  Show Profile
we have gotten so much rain in michigan i'm not sure if we will ever dry out. and you know what's on tap weather wise this week......more rain! i will never be able to plant anything in the garden if this doesn't stop. but i know things could be worse-just watching the news this morning about the tornado in missouri made me realize that. my prayers are with all of those people

farmgirl#1362 whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  2:33:01 PM  Show Profile
It has been cooler than normal here in Tennessee too. This is the first year I have not had trouble with powdery mildew on my holly hocks ever! The humidity has been low despite all the rain cause it is so cool. I'm worried we may have late blight on the tomatoes if it does not warm up and dry out a bit. I've enjoyed not having to water the garden but I'm ready for consistent sunshine!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic rain, rain, go away Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page