Sue-eee
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Susan
Drummond ok
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  3:24:46 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited to find this wonderful site! I can't wait to get to know all of you better and learn something from everyone.
My name is Susan and I live on a wheat farm in NW OKlahoma. We don't do the actual farming (hubby is a fireman) but we LOVE living in the country. I am a SAHM to a wonderful little boy who will be 4 in about 12 days. I also share my home with 3 rotten dogs, 2 barn cats, 3 spoiled horses and 3 stinky pigs. Hence my username. My hubby loves to call me that when I go out to slop twice a day. When I'm not feeding or cleaning up after something around here I love to garden, can, bake, attempt to sew and quilt and just sit on my porch and listen to the wind (we have LOTS of that here at my little house on the prairie!)

~~Susan~~
wife and mommy

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  4:08:14 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Susan! LOVE your username! What does it look like in that part of Oklahoma? Is it flat or rolling? Mostly farmland?

Looking forward to hearing more from you... Karin
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  4:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Welcome Susan!!
So glad you found us!! And Happy Fourth! I LOVE Little House and thought it was cute that you said your place is your little house on the prairie! Also think your nick name is a hoot!!! I am a SAHM of 4 kids, ages 5-12, and I am not in the country now. But that is my dream and I am reading and learning all I can now so I can make the dream a reality soon! I love to do so many things!! But canning is one of mine too! I also love books, and cooking, and scrapbooking, to name a few!
Welcome and I am sure many of the other gals will be "dropping by" to say hello soon. I love it here and hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
Til Next Time...

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  4:21:10 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan! Love your user name! But, if that is what your husband calls you, what do you call him?
I know you will enjoy reading through all of the postings and I hope that you will share your experiences as well.

The Other Karin!!
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  4:31:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sue-eee! That's so cute. Your life sounds very blessed. This is a wonderful place to visit and learn... and I'm sure you have lots you can contribute! I'd be interested in knowing what it's like raising pigs, myself. :)
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  9:41:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi from me too..and welcome to the group...You are gonna fit right in here!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  11:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Sue-eee I am new too. I am moving to Virginia (from NOR CAL) at the end of July. My son lives in NE Oklahoma on the Grand Lake of the Cherokees. Your life sounds wonderful!! It is nice to hear from you.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  06:27:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan,

From a fellow Oklahoman. I live in Shawnee. Hope you come back often.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  10:27:55 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan -- love your user name!!!! Glad you're here.

"But as for me & my house we will serve the LORD!" Joshua 24:15

Lotion bars, linen water & more in my online shop! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  4:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Susan,

Glad to meet you.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."