Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Who would play You in a movie?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Who would play You in a movie? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  1:31:12 PM  Show Profile
I am reading the book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" by Ree Drummond and heard that they are making a movie about her blog and book that is starring Reese Witherspoon. I was just wondering if there was a movie made about your life, who would you cast as your leading lady and why?
Ok, I will start...I think I would have Jamie Lee Curtis play me. I think she is funny and tomboyish but sexy and strong and she has short hair like me! Now, for my leading man...I will have to think on that one!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  1:57:24 PM  Show Profile
Sandra Bullock... DEFINITELY... :) What a fun question! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  2:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Sally Field, but she'd have to gain a little weight. LOL

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  3:08:25 PM  Show Profile
Meryl Streep - I swear that lady can become anyone!!!!! As fofr my leading man --- Steve Martin!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2882
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  3:29:40 PM  Show Profile
Growing up I looked alot like Sally Fields. In fact a few people in my life called me "Gidget" for awhile. I think I would have Julia Roberts. (I should look so good. LOL) But like Sandra Bullock I think she's funny and sweet but I'm more her Brokavich role. I agree. Meryl can play anybody. My leading man would be Magnum PI-not Tom Sellack-just the role he played in Magnum..funny, sexy, cute.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  3:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
my sweetheart and i had this conversation not too long ago, we couldn't decide rather it should be drew barrymore or kate winslet. both are great at playing the funny, down to earth girl. in real life, my style is a lot like drews.

www.barefootfashion.wordpress.com

http://www.corrinemackrell.carbonmade.com
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  3:54:36 PM  Show Profile
OK, this is a really fun question. I would have to say Meridith Baxter Birney (I guess it's just Meridith Baxter now?) because we have the same hair. And she's a little ditzy. That would be me! Oh yes, and she played a family mom.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  4:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Who would play me...?? I'm not sure if I look like someone...although some guy asked if I was Buffy the Vampire Slayer once..(um no, I'm not..!!) But I would love it if Kate Winslet played me!!
As for leading man.. Hugh Jackman--he is just PERFECT--for the role I mean!!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348

*Anyone can criticize and complain and predict doom and gloom.
Be the person who fills the room with sunshine!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  4:55:43 PM  Show Profile
If someone were to play me, I think I'd like it to be Jodie Foster. I'm tomboyish and and she's good at getting into her characters. For my leading man, I'd pick John Cusack or Johnny Depp.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  6:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Sally Fields for sure, she has my personality in most the roles she has played, however Roseanne looks more like me! lol hahaha

As for leading man......hmmm my husband looks like a mix of Montel Williams and Usher.

However, I would love Darius Rucker or Amaury Nolasco to play him! Ok I would settle if my husband just looked like Amaury Nolasco. lol hahaha But, hey who's complaining I look like Roseanne and my husband looks like Usher......lol haha.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  7:10:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh it would have to be Bette Midler or Roseanne Barr!..Both have the craziness factor going on to do me...lol....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  8:58:18 PM  Show Profile
Well since we no longer have Lucy I will have to put some thought to this.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

dazed81
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Meagan
Wyanet IL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  9:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Send dazed81 a Yahoo! Message
no one looks like me (thank goodness for them! lol) but I would pick Sandra Bullock. :) Adore her!

Mamma to Ardyn Isabel (9-3-07) and Marek Owen (3-31-09)
You'll find us Blogging, Cloth Diapering, Breastfeeding, Sewing, Gardening, Crafting and Recycling.
www.adventuresineverydaylife.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13642 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13642 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  9:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Because of the characters they played and how I feel they relate to me I would have to say Glenn Close in the "SARAH, PLAN and TALL" movies or Karen Grassle in the "Little House on the Prairie" series.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  10:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
What a fun question. Really made me think. The actress who would play me would absolutely be Jill Hennessy. A sassy, sarcastic, sexy, and strong brunette. She is not hugely well known, but plays Dr Jordan Cabanaugh in the tv series *Crossing Jordan*. Her character even has the same mannerisms, while walking, talking, or quietly sitting and reflecting.
As for the leading man, is have to find Sean Connery. He is just a beautiful and aimless man.(Vin Diesel would be pleasant for a more age appropriate actor.

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  2:18:28 PM  Show Profile
I would cast Mary Stuart-Masterson -- especially as she portrayed Itsy in "Fried Green Tomatoes." I have been told many times that I resemble MS-M and I definitely have Itsy's independent way. The leading man is a tougher one. I tend to like older men so maybe Harrison Ford or Sam Elliot. To play my husband though he would definitely have to be a strong, alpha-type like Sean Connery.

What fun!

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419
Go to Top of Page

HDA
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Heidi
Hood River OR
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  6:09:55 PM  Show Profile
I would be played by Julia Stiles for sure & my hubby by Richard Gere. Probably too big of an age difference, but the characters & somewhat the looks fit.
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  6:48:12 PM  Show Profile
I had to think a bit but the only one I can come up with is Cathy Bates. Or is it Kathy?? Anywho, we are built the same and may look a bit alike. As for the leading man, either Hugh Jackman or Sam Elliott. I think saying Angelina Jolie to play me might be pushing it....

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  1:10:52 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Diane, this one gave me pause. I read through the list of what others had posted. I can think of a character more than a person, but I think it would have to be a cross of Susan Sarandon and Glenn Close...the older versions of both. I really identify with what CeeJay had to say. I like the person of Sarah, Plain and Tall..a quietness borne of both joy and hardship.I also like the whimsy that Sarandan has shown at times, many-sided ladies- Susan and Glenn. As far as a man, that would be someone like Robert Redford..around age 55-60.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  1:38:58 PM  Show Profile
The actresses I would pick would either be Diane Lane or Meg Ryan...quirky, funny, and smart:)
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  1:58:49 PM  Show Profile
My good friends say that I resemble Julianne Moore...I think that's pushing it, but I'll take it--we would have to get Willem Dafoe to play my husband (think Mississippi Burning Willem Dafoe) and you've got my husband in a nutshell, glasses et al.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Chickadoodle_KM
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Kate
Babylon Village NY
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  2:19:03 PM  Show Profile
ooooo! i want to play too!!! hahaha!!!

hmmmm, let's see who would play me....i'm gonna have to go with Jennifer Aniston! She's hilarious and not to toot my own horn (tooooot!!!!)so am i! hahaha!!!

<3 Kate
Farmgirl #2958

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

caitlinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Kim
St.A Idaho
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  4:29:52 PM  Show Profile
I would have to pick Isla Fischer, sweet, sassy, quirky, a bit sarcastic, and a whole lot of fun. Her role in Definately, Maybe is what I am thinking. And while were at it I would take Ryan Reynolds to play my dh also! :)

www.naturallysimple.blogspot.com
"Live slowly and simply, so that you have the time and space to love deeply and well. Hold your children close, as often as possible. Look deeply into their eyes, speak words of life, love and acceptance into and over them."
Go to Top of Page

longbeachfox
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Mary
Long Beach WA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  5:50:24 PM  Show Profile
This is one that really makes you think...Hmmm...I think Meg Ryan for a younger me and of course Sam Elliot. I have really enjoyed all of your answers so far. Hugs, Mary

Farmgirl # 2532

With God...Nothing Is Impossible!

http://foxontherunarts.blogspot.com

www.etsy.com/shop/longbeachfox

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2011 :  4:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Well that would be Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood. They were fabulous in The Bridges of Madison County! I want to play that role! Well a woman can dream, can't she?

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  09:20:48 AM  Show Profile
Based on what I looked like in younger times, Hayley Mills. Dead ringer. As for my leading man, DH and Warren Beatty were look-alikes in their youth. Now, I have to say DH is better looking.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Who would play You in a movie? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page