1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  2:34:34 PM  Show Profile
Any word on the June meeting yet?

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

TsJewel
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Julianna
Shirley IN
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  7:37:25 PM  Show Profile
So sorry girls! Im takin a college class & it's crazy. A whole semester crammed in 11 classes all in June! 4 hr classes with tons of homework. I'm dying here! I'm waiting on my group kit. Haven't seen it yet but even if that doesn't come how bout we meet here at my house on the 9th or 16th of July?

Life's Short Eat Dessert First
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2011 :  7:57:31 PM  Show Profile
Either one would work for me! I'm assuming we are meeting Ladies only. I don't really mind either way, but I will probably tell my family it's just for me, simply because the last time I went out alone was to shop for Christmas! Aaaack! That's kinda sad!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Wheeza
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Colleen
Monterey IN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  5:11:39 PM  Show Profile
Julianna the 9th would be great, my son has a summer band event on the 16th, but whatever works for you. You just do the best you can, because I know how it goes trying to schedule around others. Good luck with your class, I tried that when my oldest girls were tiny and it was crazy & I was totally overwhelmed!

Farmgirl Sister #3055 ~ "because I'm supposed to grow vegetables in the dirt & wear funny hats!"
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  8:58:00 PM  Show Profile
Wow. It's the end of June. Did I miss the meeting?

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.fiberandherbscottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TsJewel
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Julianna
Shirley IN
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  2:23:28 PM  Show Profile
No sorry! I'm in a class till next week. It's been crazy! Thinking July 9th! How's that sound?

Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  8:22:40 PM  Show Profile
I'm taking a class on July 9th

If it's good for everyone else, I'll have to wait 'til next time

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - BalancingAct on Jun 25 2011 8:24:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

TsJewel
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Julianna
Shirley IN
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  2:17:32 PM  Show Profile
Dang it!

Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  8:35:56 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Ok I felt that!

Go to Top of Page

Wheeza
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Colleen
Monterey IN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  9:38:53 PM  Show Profile
The 9th sounds good. This is just a get-together for a couple hours, right? I checked the map & I think you're about a 3 hour drive from me. Is anyone from north-central Indiana?

Farmgirl Sister #3055 ~ "because I'm supposed to grow vegetables in the dirt & wear funny hats!"
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  07:56:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey all! Is the meeting a go, or do we need another day?

Either way works for me!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

TsJewel
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Julianna
Shirley IN
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  09:39:57 AM  Show Profile
Well, many said they cant make it...not sure what to do...Is tomorrow too short of notice to go ahead? Girls Please weigh in...

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  11:50:43 AM  Show Profile
I just found out my Hubby has to work tomorrow. I can't make it.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Wheeza
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Colleen
Monterey IN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  1:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Sorry girls! Haven't had time to get online. This is the first chance I've had all day to even sit for 5 minutes! Farm irrigation broke down early am & hubby & son are trying to get it going. Guess who's the parts girl? I have managed to get the lawn mowed & shrubbery trimmed between runs for them, now I've got to figure out what's for dinner. So, if you met today, I hope everyone had fun. Maybe I'll make the next one.

Go to Top of Page

LisaH
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Lisa
Granger IN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  10:04:23 AM  Show Profile
Hello Indiana Farmgirls!

I'm pretty new to all of this and was thrilled to see all the farmgirls in Indiana. I just registered for the farmgirl sisterhood. I live in the South Bend area. I've read all the posts here and looks like maybe Fort Wayne is the closest to me?

How are you all doing with the incredible heat we have been having? I look forward to getting to know you all. I think this is going to be fun!

Stay cool!

Lisa
An Indiana Suburban Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  5:58:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello LisaH! This weather isn't anything to laugh about(until we are peeking over snow drifts, of course!). As far as I know, we haven't had a meeting yet. I haven't been able to make one, anyway. Maybe when the summer settles down? Anyway, welcome aboard! Stay in the cool. Hopefully we'll all meet soon!

Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  01:07:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I am new to all of this, but I see that if I had the time, I could easily spend hours in hear reading! I live less than an hour from Shirley,IN so I would be interested in meeting up with the Indiana farmgirls sometime too.
Beth
Go to Top of Page

7 apples
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Ronee
Hazelwood IN
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  1:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Indiana girls :) where are you all at?

~barefoot farmgirl Ronee,wife to one amazing apple and mommy to 5 baby apple's..
God, family and my garden are all I need in life <3
Farmgirl Sister #3103
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=538005128 add me on FB if you want to!
https://isababy.scentsy.us/Home
http://pinterest.com/7apples/
http://7applebys.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2011 :  5:32:19 PM  Show Profile
A long distance Hello to all you Indiana Farmgirl Sisters. Was just passing through and saw this thread and had to give a shout out to all of you. I was born in Lafayette and raised on the farm in Warren County. Lived in Indiana until I was 42yr., then my husband wanted to live his dream of living in FL. I got home sick reading your post. Hope you don't mind if I drop in now and then for a long distance visit. You all have a great holiday season and keep warm. Karla
Go to Top of Page

Helga
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Jaime
St. Paul MN
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  12:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey there!

I am moving to the Richmond Indiana area this spring. I am a MN farm girl and I don't think that I will have any land to plant yet. Future hubby and I will probably be in an apartment at first while looking for a house. He's getting transferred there for work. If any farm girls close to Richmond want to set up a labor for fruit/veggies trade let me know. I grew up on a farm so I have experience with a lot of different things involving gardening and farm animals. I am built for hard labor. LOL! You know that during planting and harvesting times you can't have too many hands around to help!

I need a 12 step program for people that garden too much!
Go to Top of Page

TsJewel
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Julianna
Shirley IN
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  4:37:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi,soon to be Miss Richmond. We haven't got together yet. Maybe we should brave the weather in February. what do you all think?

Go to Top of Page

Helga
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Jaime
St. Paul MN
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  5:03:05 PM  Show Profile
If any of you are interested, I am going to be in the Richmond area Feb 13-16. I'd love to meet some people that aren't attached to the almost hubby's company. Not that they aren't good people but I don't want our lives to revolve around his company, you know? I'd love to meet for coffee or whatever as long as there isn't an ice storm. I have GPS so I can drive anywhere while he's at work. I like to bake so I can bring goodies!

You can't have too many hobbies or too many friends!
Go to Top of Page

Helga
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Jaime
St. Paul MN
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  12:39:59 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies!

It's official, I am leaving MN on 4-13-12 and will be in Richmond, Indiana on 4-15-12. It looks like Josh and I are getting an apartment until things settle down. Looking to strike a deal with a local lady. I will be willing to help out on your farm for fresh veggies and fruits. I will be going through gardening withdrawal until I get a place of my own. I don't know when the growing season starts in Indiana, but I know you can never have too many hands weeding or harvesting. I can a mean spaghetti sauce and tomato soup! My mom and I figured out a way to not scorch a batch of sauce and use every drop of goodness.

You can't have too many hobbies or too many friends!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Indiana Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page