forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  09:06:40 AM  Show Profile
Well, I just got my exercise for the day. I waited until DH went to get the mail so I could try this myself. Thought I had a pretty good plan. King size comforter into king size duvet. I kind of got lost on my way back out of the duvet. Luckily the duvet is light colored and so it wasn't too dark in there. Finally got the job done. Now, I'm resting a little with fibromyalgia and arthritis..it takes a minute to bounce back. So, after..the..fact..I googled "how to fit a comforter into a duvet"..and found directions for completing this chore in one minute. Simple. I could have had a V8 I hope I remember to look for directions before I tackle my next adventure.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
Yep - I learned the hard way too. After the fact (and before the internet) I figured out how to start with the bottom corners and use rubber bands or pony-tail holders to hold the corners in place from the outside. The rest was just stretching and smoothing. Like you, I bet it would have been funny to watch a video of me fighting with a full-sized one forever! I hope it looks beautiful and you enjoy it all the same!

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  09:14:11 AM  Show Profile
I never even thought of rubber bands, Holly! That would have helped alot!

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile
You made me laugh out loud really! Now, can you find out how to fold a fitted sheet for me? Heck I have a hard time folding a tee shirt!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  11:30:46 AM  Show Profile
Judith ~ I was laughing out loud remembering how I got caught inside my duvet- glad to know I'm not the only one!
Connie - When you figure out the fitted sheet - let me know!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

Farmgirl sister #2882
http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  12:39:11 PM  Show Profile
Elaine- Martha S. has a video on her site I watched a long time ago. But Martha I am not...
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  5:40:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh, ladies..I gave up on fitted sheets long ago.:)

Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  5:55:28 PM  Show Profile
Me too. They get kinda folded up in a wad and given a good snap or two before going on the bed.
Connie

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  6:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! You ladies make me laugh! I used to love to work in the hotel laundry a couple years ago and got to be a pro at folding sheets of both varieties. We had a super heavy duty clip afixed to the wall that was an amazing help. I am going to see if I can find one and am going to install one in my house. It was strong enought to do sheets and even blankets!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  6:36:19 PM  Show Profile
Neat! Half my problem is that i am only 5ft 2inches tall with arms to match my size. A clip on the wall would be awesome! If you find one post a pic please. I may have to invent one!
Connie

Go to Top of Page

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  6:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
My mother taught me to fold fitted sheets so they looked like the came out of the package. Here's the basic steps. I start with the corner with the label (that's my top corner of the bed. I take the opposite side (hubby's corner) and fold them inside seams together. You have to flip the elastic over. I match the bottoms the same way - inside seams together. At this point, you have the elastic in a big C. Then I bring the bottom up to fit over my top corner. This turns it into sort of a J with the elastic. I lay it flat - making the edges as square as possible, fold into thirds long ways, then that strip into thirds. It's too easy. Come to think of it, that would make a good blog post! I haven't seen a folding clip, but would be interested to see what it does!

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  09:24:14 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I will have to copy your directions and try them next time! This would also make a great u-tube video. Just taught myself to knit with one of those.

Alee, what does the clip look like. CMac, I know what you mean. I'm 5'1.

Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic stuffing a duvet Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page