kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  08:33:36 AM  Show Profile
The mailman just came to the house and honked. I need to be more prepared for visitors. I still have on my big t shirt I sleep in. He had a big ole box from Connie in Tn. She sent me the cutest apron with tie die and peace signs on it! ( I told her I was a hippy from way back.) Like a clothes pin apron. It's so cute. Did you make it? I love it. And some of her FIL's honey! So good and sweet. It's really golden and so good. I am going to make a cup of peppermint tea now and put some in it. Thank you SO much, Connie. You are so sweet to do that. I was feeling a little down today but this has just brightened it up alot. Thanks so much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  08:42:55 AM  Show Profile
LOL I'm smilin' all over. Glad you like the apron. I thought you would get the hippy reference! :) Yes I made it. I haven't sewn in ages but it turned out OK. FIL's honey is from his last hive. He is 87 and has decided to hang up his bee suit. He was thrilled a bottle was going all the way to Ga.
Happy to add a bright spot to your day!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  09:40:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh Connie, someone has to take over his bee suit. Honey is so important but the bees more so. The bees are dying everywhere. I am severly allergic to beestings or I would have a hive. Are there other family members or neighbors who could maybe try to "fill his bee bonnet?" Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  1:34:25 PM  Show Profile
I would love to have some hives here. I didn't see any honey bees til the fall when I was out in the field picking wildflowers. I just saw on coldantler blog instructions on making a bee hive cow. Looks really neat and fairly easy for a handy carpenter type person. They used a half barrel and some wood.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2011 :  11:20:29 AM  Show Profile
Awesome, Kristin! Glad you rec'd your KAOK on a day when it meant so much! Farmgirls are the "bestest"! <-- I know "bestest" is not a word....but it fit nicely here!! ;)

We want some bees also and there is a great site for making simple hives. I'll have to find it again and post a link.

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I Just Got RAOK'd! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page