caitlinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Kim
St.A Idaho
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  10:20:11 AM  Show Profile
I am fairly new here so please forgive the total down nature of this post! :)

We moved to East Idaho last month. We got a great deal on a rental house here in the country. All was well for about 3 days and then all the kids got sick....and sicker....and sicker. Here we are 4 weeks later and the kids have either been throwing up or in the bathroom everyday. Its the water causing it. The well is contaminated from the septic. So now we have to move this weekend.
We have to move to town, with a little yard, and a million neighbors. I know I shouldn't be down about going to a safe house, and really I'm not, but I just don't want to be in town. I like the space and the room to breath in the country. I like that my kids can run and roam and dig and play without boundaries. *SIGH*

However.....I am very greatful that we have been able to find something so quickly. I am thankful that we will be able to have healthy children. I am thankful that we will be close friends so our kids will have an easier transition. There is much to be thankful for, I just needed to mourn going back to the city after 6 beautiful years in the country.

www.naturallysimple.blogspot.com
"Live slowly and simply, so that you have the time and space to love deeply and well. Hold your children close, as often as possible. Look deeply into their eyes, speak words of life, love and acceptance into and over them."

Edited by - caitlinsmom on Apr 06 2011 10:21:12 AM

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  10:33:01 AM  Show Profile
Kim, going back to the city doesn't have to be forever. But it will give you time to regroup, allow the kids' bodies to completely recover, and allow them to make friends.

I'm with you, living in the country is the best! When we decided to get married (about a 100 years ago), my then husband to be said - "Just so you know, I'll live in a tent in the country before I ever live in town."

I thought - sure, sure, sure.

But you know what, I feel the same way now!;)

Praying your stay in the city will only be a short one and soon you and your family will be enjoying the freedom living in the country provides.

Blessings & hugs,
~ Cheryl

http://theprairiemaid.blogspot.com/

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  10:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh goodness, Kim. Just the physical act of packing up and moving is enough to wear you out and get you down, let alone having to go to a place that you aren't all that excited about. I appreciate the blessings that you have seen, though. How wonderful of you to recognize them. All I know is that God knows the desires of your heart. I can't help but believe that you will be in the country again - just maybe not right now. God bless you and your family.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  10:39:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kim I can relate to the grief at having to move back to the city. It is a hard thing to accept. Try to bring your farmgirl lifestyle with you! It has helped me to SCHEDULE trips out to the country. If I don't schedule them they won't happen! Even a few hours at a park helps. I find I spend more time indoors in the city and really have to make an effort to be outside.
Hope your family is well soon. That is a really bad sick to be. Has the problem been reported? I'd hate for another family to suffer.
Maybe you can start a Farmgirl chapter in your area. That would feed your soul!
Hugs on you,
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  10:42:00 AM  Show Profile
Kim,
How scary for you and the children. My prayers to you and yours. I pray that you re-group, get well and will be able to go back to the country some day.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

blackfell_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Casey
Chandler AZ
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  11:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see blackfell_farmgirl's MSN Messenger address  Send blackfell_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kim!,
I hope your kids get better soon! being well and playing in a smaller yard is better than being sick and not being able to enjoy the country! I live in the city currently and even here you can love the farmgirl ideals we all share. I am just greatful to have a yard that I can potentially raise my own veggies in. Of course here in phoenix, half my yard is a pool, but I am greatful for that 7 months out of the year too! :)

I am prayin for you and your fam! I hope that you can get back to the country, where your heart is. Believe me, I know what it is like to not be able to live where your heart is and still know I need to be greatful for what I have (see my "northwest" thread in "A farm of my own". It doesnt' erase the longing, but it does help!

Here is to healthy kids and country living, the best of both worlds!

blackfell_farmgirl

HorseCrazy!
Go to Top of Page

caitlinsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

86 Posts

Kim
St.A Idaho
USA
86 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  11:54:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! I know that it isn't a permanent move by any means but right now it just stinks! lol I know my attitude is bad right now, probably more from exahustion than anything. I think I need to start seeds and make some homemade soup. Nothing like dirt and food to cheer a girl up!

Thanks again for you kindness and prayers, it really has helped.

www.naturallysimple.blogspot.com
"Live slowly and simply, so that you have the time and space to love deeply and well. Hold your children close, as often as possible. Look deeply into their eyes, speak words of life, love and acceptance into and over them."
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  11:57:55 AM  Show Profile
Don't beat yourself up! You are having feelings and they are OK. You will pull yourself up when you are ready and make that soup, plant those seeds and get on with it. That's what farmgirls do!
I'm sending you energy right now!
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  12:35:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry your havin to go through all this. It sucks! I will be prayin for you.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  3:15:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kim,
Just moving is exhausting. Give yourself 10 mins. to rest LOL You are allowed to feel however you feel-even disappointed and worn out. Here's the thing: you are a farmgirl..you will always be a farmgirl, wherever you live. It is an attitude, not a place and you will keep that. We are here if you need reminding. Allow yourself to grieve, take a slow deep breath and then get on with it. I'll be praying that you and the kiddos will be well soon, and when you are ready the country will still be there to welcome you. Warm hugs and energy to you and yours. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  4:29:41 PM  Show Profile
Kim,
Good thoughts and prayers are sent your way. I am just happy that you were able to figure out what was making everyone sick and that you now have a fix for it, even if it isnt exactly what you had in mind for the moment. God has a plan for you, and I'm sure that plan is doing what needs to be done right now, and eventually putting you where you long to be.
Best of luck for a smooth transition. Keep us posted!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  7:31:50 PM  Show Profile
Kim~ Sending positive and healing thoughts your way!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

http://embchicken.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  7:32:25 PM  Show Profile
oh my kim, how scary and a lot of hard work. i am thinking good thing you were able to figure it out. some times when a human is exposed to that sort of thing you can get a bacteria called H-Pylori. i had it once. it lives on stomach acids. can make you very sick. i had to take 3 antibiotics for 21 days two times to get it gone. i felt so much ber after. i bet even with all the work of moving your glad to be getting settled. you will be back in the country soon. keep your self open to the opportunities that go by.i hope you have a farmgirl day where ever you are right now sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13631 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13631 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  7:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Kim,
The disappointment is huge! But I'm grateful, and you probably are too, that you weren't buying the place and would have all that to deal with.
I'm grateful the problem was identified and that you all can get well . . .
Hang in there!!!!
We're here to encourage, support and pray!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  7:51:39 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I'm so sorry. But glad y'all found out what it was. Y'all lived there 6 years before this happened? Did you make some good soup? That sounds like a great thing to do when you feel down. And playing in dirt. I hope all the kids are well now. And like the others said, this doesn't have to be forever.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  8:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Love to you from your neighbor in Wyoming.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  8:36:28 PM  Show Profile
Good honk! So glad you found the cause and everyone will be alright. Sorry you have to move but it won't be forever. I'm with you, would much rather live in the country than town. Don't care how convenient everything is, I need the space!

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  8:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh what a heartbreaking situation! Your poor kids! I am so glad that not you know what is causing the sickness that can be avoided until you are in your new house. I feel for you that you have to pack up and move from the country house. That is so devestating. I hope you are able to do some gardening in town and hopefully you can find a new place in the country soon too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Discouraged and worn out Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page