Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  10:03:46 PM  Show Profile
March left like a lion here in gulf coast Florida. The 3 days ending last night were terrible-full of endless rain and wind. A "Sonic BOMM" woke us up about 1am..it shook the house!! The streets were flooded. We lost a few palm trees that always seemed to bend before. Some of the streets are still flooded. 1 house struck by lightening and burned down but nobady hurt. Yesterday, a tournado touched down just a little south of us. It was Wild! And then today-bright sun, not a cloud in the sky-just the weather people move to Florida for. Scary but all ended well. Now comes Hurricane weather Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  10:39:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, Joann - I'm glad nobody was hurt! But that is truly so sad about the flooding and the family whose home was burned to the ground! Was that the boom that you heard? That must've been so frightening to wake to that! Be safe, okay? Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2011 :  12:25:54 PM  Show Profile
I saw something about tonadoes in Fla. I am so glad you're ok. That's so scary. We have had our share of bad weather here the past month too. But today is georgeous.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  5:04:35 PM  Show Profile
joann, how close to tampa are you? My daughters live bt 40 mins south of there..they were telling about that...they said it was horrible..especially the tornados. Course they tell me after it happens..glad all is well with you.

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic OMG-BAD WEATHER Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page