westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  1:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I have another user name (wildfluercotage) and I can't get on using it. It did say I would receive a confirmation ( I havent) and when I go to log on it tells me there is a problem but when I went back to register (profile) it said its already in use. Can I have two user names and /or can I change it?/ I want only to use the new one and tell the girls on the forum its me. Any help would be great.
Thanks westernhorse51

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  5:46:50 PM  Show Profile
I am glad that you posted this. After I had registered, with my usual username that I use for everything, I decided that I would like a different name, after seeing all the creative names on this forum. I searched for a while, but never found any way to change your username. Can that be done?
Go to Top of Page

Judes
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Jude
OH
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2006 :  8:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Judes a Yahoo! Message
Ladies,
this happened to me, too. You need to write to them (the Mary Jane's Farm Girls). From their end they can delete your original screenname & then you can create a new one.
Happy 4th!
Judes

http://web.mac.com/jacnd/iWeb/citygardenmanual/Welcome.html
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  09:37:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls!
If you change your mind about your user name after you first sign up, I can delete your account and you can choose a new user name. But sometimes our database keeps that original e-mail address and won't let you sign up again, so it can be a problem. However, if you have already posted on the forum, like westernhorse51 who has over 700 posts, we cannot delete your first account, because that puts a n/a in the name field for all those posts. Therefore, you can't use your same e-mail address and a new user name because it will tell you that e-mail address is already in the database. I think changing names after you have posted for a while is also confusing to the other members. So I would encourage you all to live with the name you first chose.

Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  09:42:56 AM  Show Profile
Im not changing my name for this forum, thanks, dont want to confuse anyone.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic another user name Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page