Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What to do with peanuts? Next Topic  

HollyG
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Holly
Hamburg Arkansas
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  08:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see HollyG's MSN Messenger address
My DH and I cleaned out our freezers yesterday. It was like going shopping for free! Found things I didn't know I had - including some peanuts. I'm embarassed to tell you how long I've had them, but there they were. I was ready to feed them to the squirrels, but he said "cook them!" Uh...how? They are raw, shelled peanuts - just the Spanish kind, I'm assuming -the red-skinned variety. What do I do with them? I'm pretty good with pecans, but have never dealt with peanuts. We don't do sweets and I think I bought them to make peanut brittle. So, what's the next option?

HollyG
Farmgirl #2513
www.mydeepwoodslife.com

tinaberry
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

tina
satsuma al
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  10:44:47 AM  Show Profile
My family loves fresh homemade peanut butter.
Go to Top of Page

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2011 :  11:00:30 AM  Show Profile
I love cooking with peanuts. There are recipes for Ground Nut stew, which is an African dish with yams, onions, peppers, and peanuts. Thai cooking uses peanuts in the dishes also. I have also successfully boiled peanuts, not in the shell, for my favorite snack - boiled peanuts. You can roast them and use them in a peanut sauce that you put on pasta. So many options. Now I am hungry :)

http://hardworkhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What to do with peanuts? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page