kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  12:03:40 PM  Show Profile
to finally be able to sleep in just a big ole t-shirt again! It's been in the 70's during the day and 50's at night. I had been wearing long johns and wool socks and my terrycloth robe to bed. Then getting under 2 big thick down comfortors. I could hardly move under all that. So just a t-shirt is great. I am so happy!

And the windows are open again! And the chickens are clucking happily out in the yard. The calf is romping in the pasture and all's well with my world!

Happy 1st day of spring. y'all!

Kris

Happiness is simple.

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  12:58:00 PM  Show Profile
Ahhh- SPRING!!!! Happy First Day of Spring Krisin! Sounds like all is good with you...Happy to hear that. Dont you just love this time of year? Especially before it gets too hot! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Smiles,
Laurie
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  5:18:41 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it nice to walk out side in shorts again but of course the mosqitoes are already out!!
So can't sit out past dark very long. I did see my first lighting bug last night. Should of caught him and put him in a jar!! LOL!

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

CurlysQuilts
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Sarah
Northeast Kingdom VT
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  5:47:04 PM  Show Profile
<sigh> can't get here fast enough! At least I can see the ground in places now. I know it's going to warm up here soon!

Curly's Quilts
www.curlysquilts.etsy.com

“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” - Micah 6:8

Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  7:21:43 PM  Show Profile
Lol, I do wear my hubby's old shirts and I love em! One time, when we were dating, I had this monstrous, long night-time sleeping tee in hot pink. Well, one night as I was telling him goodbye just before bedtime, I was standing by the front door in this hot pink tent and he says, "Boy...that shirt sure is........big." I never wore it again!

But I am so glad to be done with long pants and wool socks!!!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  7:34:31 PM  Show Profile
4 to 6 inches of snow for tonight/tomorrow. I think I have spring fever. Enjoy the nice weather everybody else!

http://troutwife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

SherBear
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Sherri
Mukwonago Wi
USA
77 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  8:04:51 PM  Show Profile
We had rain and thunderstorms all day here, it was wonderful! I think all of the snow in my yard has finally melted!

http://sherrileesgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  8:22:12 PM  Show Profile
We had a lovely first day of spring here:) It was in the upper 40's and the sun was out, which is saying something for our area! I've been sleeping in tank tops or tee shirts all winter...and I STILL can get to hot. Funny how your body changes as we get a wee bit older:/ I used to be the sleep in sweat pants, sweat shirt and socks girl hogging all the blankets!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Farmgirl #2817
Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  9:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I thought here in sunny California, the spring would start warm and bright....thunder, lightning, wind storms...I woke up with half a tree ON my garden, half the fence we fixed laying on the ground, downspouts laying in th porch, and dog dared boards in the pool.... looks like Spring really is a start over time, we are just going to start over repairing our yard...hope we get it cleaned up enough to get my started veggies in the ground!!! No shorts or mosquitoes for me:(

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  04:06:33 AM  Show Profile
Annette, that sounds like a mess you have there. I hope y'all get it all cleaned up and fixed soon. There's always something to do, isn't there. And mother nature sure doesn't help. Good luck with the garden.

Cynthia, I know how that is. I will start out with all that on and all those comfortors, then end up with the socks off or a blanket. That doesn't happen much yet but I'm sure it will. I am just enjoying the freedom to move now.

Sherri, do you think y'all will get more snow there? This is still pretty early. I am worried about my pear and apple trees already budding out. We could get some frosts or freezes still. It's happened before many times.

Sheila and Sarah, this too shall pass. It will be spring there soon and you will be out enjoying yours. I do hope it's sooner.

Amanda, those big ole comfy shirts aren't supposed to be pretty. Just comfy. There are some things I do not wear when hubby's here. He drives a truck so is here about every other weekend. SO I get to look all frumpy and comfy MOST of the time.

Dorinda, that is one thing we don't have alot of here is mosquitoes. I think we have all these free range chickens that eat them for us. Alos no knats here! I sure don't niss those pesky little buggars at all. But what we have in abundance here is flies. Everywhere. And I hate those things. I think I'd rather have knats or mosquitoes that the flies.

Laurie, I hope you had a great weekend too. All the grands were here for the weekend. And a little friend too for Sat. night and Sunday. But they were all good and we had a good time with them.

It's going to be in the 70's and 80's this week with rain this weekend. So not gardening yet here. I had my garden turned Friday so will have to wait a little longer to have it tilled. I did find some potatoes and onions coming up already from last years planting. So I won't have to plant them this year. And I found some shallots I had to dig up before they got plowed under. I'll transplant them later.

Y'all have a great week.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  4:34:36 PM  Show Profile
We had a lovely first day of spring here:) It was in the upper 40's and the sun was out, which is saying something for our area! I've been sleeping in tank tops or tee shirts all winter...and I STILL can get to hot. Funny how your body changes as we get a wee bit older:/ I used to be the sleep in sweat pants, sweat shirt and socks girl hogging all the blankets!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Farmgirl #2817
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2011 :  6:49:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kris,

Send us some of that warm weather! Friday it actually got up to 74 here!! Threw open all the doors and windows and aired everything out, then today we got wet, slushy rain and snow. :( Put the down comforters back the beds. Can't wait for t-shirt weather! Enjoy!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE

http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic It's SO Nice... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page