GirlsOma
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

goodie
flomaton al
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  6:44:19 PM  Show Profile
I am new here,and have been reading a lot.I was born and raised in germany and i am a city girl.But since we moved to alabama,i have been trying to grow a garden and some flowers.Not much luck it just gets so hot.We are actually on the florida line.I do like to knit craft,cook and sew,but have not done much of it,because i have been busy working and raising a grandchild.I would also like to learn to quilt and bake bread.Now i have the time to get back into gardening and crafting,as i am semi retired.I am married to a great guy,it will be 36 years in oct.We have 3 sons and 8 grand children.I would love to chat with people who grow veggies in this southern part.I want to learn all i can.I am not into raising animals but i do have a dog.She is a spoiled 5 year old Shih Tzu,who just 4 month ago adopted us.Looking forward to making many new friends.

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  03:19:54 AM  Show Profile
Guten Morgen & Welcome from Pa. :) You will like it here, alot of nice ladies, that can help you with planting :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  05:08:11 AM  Show Profile
Greetings from Alabama. Welcome we are glad to have you! I have lived in alabama for about 2 years now and love it. This will be my second year growing a garden here and i hope this year goes better than last. I planted way to late last year and did not get very much out of it... This year it will be about 3x's bigger. I am into quilting and sewing, but don't follow patterns. I make up my own. I hope you enjoy being here, and remember being a "farm girl is a condition of the hear". -Kristy

"Plan ahead, it wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark!"
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  4:56:25 PM  Show Profile
A big Wisconsin hay dare to ya Goodie! We are so glad you joined us. I can't help you with southern gardening, but there are many talented and helpful farmgirls here that can. You southerners are harvesting while I am still planting!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Lady Woodworker
True Blue Farmgirl

259 Posts

Karen
Chamberlain Maine
USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  5:53:38 PM  Show Profile
Greetings from Maine Goodie,
So nice to have you here!

Karen

Farmgirl Sister # 2419
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  8:21:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello and welcome from Ocean, NJ!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

GirlsOma
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

goodie
flomaton al
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  04:20:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for that warm welcome.I am planting this coming weekend.Temps will be in the low 80s,hope i did not wait to long.Just want to grow my own salsa garden to start with.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Dawn
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Martin Ga
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  06:06:44 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Georgia, Goodie! It's great to meet you. It's too wet to plant here!

Ecc. 4:12 ...a strand of three cords is not quickly broken.
Go to Top of Page

tinaberry
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

tina
satsuma al
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  08:08:15 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Satsuma,AL. (north Mobile Co.) How long have you been in Alabama? I have been here most of my life (40 of my 50 years). The summers are hot. I don't think I will ever get used to them. I enjoy cooking, sewing, I bake most of our bread, and I can. (I just used my pressure canner for the 1st time last week). We have 4 granddaughters and one 9 year old cat. Glad you are here.
Tina
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  7:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome!!!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  9:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Welkommen Leibe Oma...ich bin auch ein Oma....fur 2 kleine madchen.
Im April, ich gehen nach Deutschland, fur ein besuchen mit meinen familie....Heilbronn, Leingarten, Brackenheim u. Flein...
Auf Wieder~schnitzle!
grusse von gracie

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  10:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Hello there, Goodie! And welcome to America!

#8206;"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  11:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi there!! I'm born and reared in Alabama all of my 57 years!! Whatever you plant, try to plant where it gets morning sun. The heat of the day and afternoon heat is awful in our typical growing time. I live between Montgomery and Auburn in a small river town. You are really down there near the Florida line!! Good luck with your growing...tomatoes and peanuts grow where you are!! Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

GirlsOma
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

goodie
flomaton al
USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  5:15:04 PM  Show Profile
So sorry i have not been on here to answer everyone.I was busy with 2 new dogs,a new part time job,some family problems oh well life in general.Now i am back and ready to do more sharing.I did get a garden going this year.Last year was a fiasco.I took the advise of Beth and planted in a different spot.Mostly morning sun and some afternoon sun.I have peppers,tomatoes and cucumbers growing just fine.I am excited.Now i am working on the badges but i am still a bit confused.will do a lot of reading .Thank you all for that warm welcome.
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  06:25:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Goodie, Welcome. Hope you enjoy your time with us.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  08:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Goodie. Glad you're back. Enjoy your time with us.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  9:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Sending a farm girl welcome from Wisconsin! So glad you joined us...you'll really enjoy your time here!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from alabama Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page