True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2011 :  9:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello,

I am wondering how much homes are worth now? Not what people are asking for them? And how do I find out without spending a butt load for an appraiser? Just wondering if any of you ladies know? The house we are renting the owner is wanting to sell to us. He is wanting 160,000.00. We know he paid 135,000.00. I want to know what it will appraise for. But we dont really want to pay 400-500 for an appraiser.

Thanks
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  08:15:40 AM  Show Profile
Find out what the property tax is or call a realty office they can give you a ball park .
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  08:20:11 AM  Show Profile
It might be a good idea that instead of an appraiser, if you are interested in purchasing the property, getting an inspector to see what you might have to invest in the property to bring it up to code. After watching some of the HGTV shows, the inspector will tell you more than an appraiser. Here, locally, you can visit the county online and see what the tax value is.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  11:15:52 AM  Show Profile
Home values can vary quite drastically from area to area. And prices have been changing rapidly as well, so depending on how long ago he bought it, it could be worth more or even less now.

The best way to get a ballpark idea without an appraiser is to see what similar homes in your area seem to be selling for.

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

JEN000
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Jennifer
Omaha NE
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  11:32:28 AM  Show Profile
Another idea is to look through local listings and see how much houses are going for that are similar and in the same area.
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2011 :  5:25:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ladies...as always very helpful

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  08:03:34 AM  Show Profile
As a former realtor I call tell you this: Go to www.realtor.com. These listing on on the area Multiple Listing System and more accurate to the actual sell price. Look up homes that are similar to yours and see what they are selling for. Realtors use recent sales in the area to determine the price of homes sold. I also strongly suggest a home inspection before purchase. Even if you have lived there for awhile, you never know what is lurking. You can contact your county assessor for the property tax. Usually the assessed amount is lower than the sell price, though.

Hope this helps.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic how much homes are worth Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page