Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  12:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Our 25 year old daughter moved in with us for a few weeks...with her two cats...
She is going in the Army 3/21, and I know I will miss her. But in the mean time she has stuff every where, the dogs don't like the cats and I am pretty sure the cats feel the same way about the dogs. I keep thinking that it is just for a few weeks but I am feeling a little over whelmed with it all right now. I guess I should just go with the flow but I can tell that's not working. Any advice??

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad!
Farmgirl #680!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lessielouise22

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  4:45:29 PM  Show Profile
one day at a time. Before you know it the time will have passed and you will wonder where it went. What will she do with her cats when she enters the Army?

farmgirl sister#43

O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  5:13:54 PM  Show Profile
Carol...I must tell you that this will pass. I started laughing at your frustration - I have been there!! Our oldest moved back in while waiting on his job destination and brought his wife and dog. Our cat was not to found of Izzy. And our dog learned to like Izzy. Both of them worked. We learned how to deal with all the togetherness. Then during one summer our youngest moved back- school break and his girlfriend. While oldest and company where still here. So I lost a sewing room and a dinning room. If you can imagine 6 adults, 3 large dogs, 1 sassy cat, 5 cars, 2 trucks....more laundry...... but everything turned out fine. With the way our times are now I realized that adult children sometimes do come back and they bring more...hahaha I will been sending you positive vibes. Oh we have a 3 car garage 75% is storage for our oldest. He currently is in OK city. They will be moving to WV in a month. So i still do not have my house back. One day I will and so will you. Keep taking deep breaths and step carefully over her stuff. I would not want you to fall. And remember that you are a great mom to reopen your home to your daughter. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  5:51:29 PM  Show Profile
OK Barbara, I'm feeling a little better. I just watch her sit around when I know she has so much to do. You know that we all think our way is best-ha! She has been on her own long enough to have her own ideas about things.
Her cats will stay here, I already have 3 cats but they are mostly outside and are hunters. These cats will go out when it warms up. We are pretty far from the road and I doubt they will go farther than the back porch anyway. I've never brought adult cats into the house like this either so that is a little worrisome. You both helped cheer me up!

Farmgirl #680!

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  09:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Hang in there Carol! Perhaps the time will go before you know it! Thinking good thoughts your way!

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2011 :  06:28:59 AM  Show Profile
My DD is back home and brought two dogs! I know how you feel. I am just glad to have her home and look past all the other stuff.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2011 :  05:51:07 AM  Show Profile
I have my DD who is 20 here too. She was suppose to deploy in March, now she hurt herself. She is hard to get along with sometimes. I think our times has called for us all to live closely and even in one house. Trust me I am not putting in all the details but I have a full house, life is frustrating. But we must keep moving and loving each other!
I will give you a laugh; this is all who live in my house...Myself, D.Hubby, DD 16, DS 19, DD 20, MIL, My parents, 8 dogs, 5 cats, and in the barn on this property is 13 goats, 2 horses, a llama and a pig. And on leased property is 5 cows! I will be praying for you!

Come visit my blog
http://angieruralliving.blogspot.com/

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2011 :  5:11:36 PM  Show Profile
Ok Angie, things are not as full as at your house! And it is getting better, the cats have settled down, and my daughter has packed up her stuff.....5 more days.

Farmgirl #680!

Go to Top of Page

cindymac
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Cindy
Bakersfield California
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  12:54:51 AM  Show Profile
Ok Ladies you gave me a nice laugh & made me remember back a couple of years too. I have 3 sons they are 30, 28 & 26 now. Our middle son has never left home & probably never will. He is very shy & thankfully works for us so never really had to job hunt (even though his has a teaching degree)the interviewing would have sent him into panic mode. He is a delight to us & quite frankly my husband & I are happy to have him around. Our youngest son moved back home at 23 & soon followed his girlfriend they lived with us for about a year. Then about a year after they left my oldest son & his wife & our 2 grandsons moved in for just a few weeks! We got to feeling as if we'd never get our home back but we also missed them terribly when they moved out. So..... be careful what you wish for & try to enjoy the time with your daughter. (I still have stuff that belongs to both of those boys in my garage.. Ha)

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2011 :  9:58:50 PM  Show Profile
Will someone help get me up-to-date please? What do "DD" and "DS" stand for?

#8206;"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  05:07:21 AM  Show Profile
I use "DD" as dear daughter, and "DS" as dear son, but I am not 100% sure that that's right.

Farmgirl #680!

Go to Top of Page

Heartbroken farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Annette
rio vista Ca
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  08:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Heartbroken farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
If only my house guests were family! Our church is tiny. Our pastor unwisly has a lot of family in office. They all live out of town. On weekends any, if not all three, of his kids, spouses, and their kids stay here. Then we have friends who are a brand new couple, married two weeks with a toddler and 3 month old. They struggle financially, so heat, electricity, food...well, most days, they are here. I have myself, my DH, 2 DDs, and 2 DSs, two dogs...and pastors kids all have a dog to bring as well. My guests are precious people, but not family. I feel like I run a free B & B sometimes. You mentioned stuff all over the house. I am a neat freak, as my DS says. My children are al least tidy. My 2 year old is better at cleaning up than my adult guests....
My DH says to say okay, bed and breakfast has officially closed, but I feel so guilty. When you guys get your homes back, post an update. Maybe if you guys describe breathing room to me, I'll be motivated enough to try it. LOL

The tears I shed then, watered the flowers I harvest now.

www.broken908.blogspot.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/broken908

"The aim of education is the knowledge not of facts but of values."-Dean William Ralph Inge
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  6:36:16 PM  Show Profile
Annette - It sounds like the pastor's family is taking advantage of you. Food, utilities, etc. for that many people must be astronomical. Perhaps you could tell them that since the newly married couple needs your help right now, that it's just not convenient for all of them (the pastor's family) to stay with you also. It's really hard to change a situation like this once it's established as routine. Why doesn't the pastor's family stay with the pastor? I'll be praying for you.
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  08:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Annette,
Yes! I agree with DH. Free B & B needs to have some R & R!!!! See if you can make a compromise. That way you can have them as guests less, you won't feel guilty shutting them out completely, and you'll be much happier.

#8206;"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  1:10:29 PM  Show Profile
Jackie, Carol is right. DD is dear daughter, DS is dear son, DH is dear husband, SIL is son-in-law, DIL is daughter-in-law, MIL is mother-in-law and so on. I was confused when I first started reading this forum. Hope this helps!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2011 :  1:27:01 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I would say you WIN for having the most people. You could always butcher one of the cows to feed everyone. I really cracked up when I read how many people and four-legged animals you are dealing with. My DS, 26, has been here for 2 years now and keeps threatening to move - I keep asking him if he needs help. That gets things quiet for a little bit. He's a good son and this economy brought him home. He seems to be working on moving this spring and I will have my room back. Hang in there Carol. Just dig yourself a little corner somewhere and tune them all out. LOL

Dogs never judge people, they only forgive!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  2:24:25 PM  Show Profile
Well my daughter left for bootcamp yesterday. She was sooo ready to go! We came home late last evening and her car was in the driveway, and without thinking I said "Oh, Lacey's here! That was sad. But we had a much better visit when she was here once I let go of the small stuff, and even her cats are coming around. Thank you all so much for your stories and encouragement. I'll keep you updated, Carol

Farmgirl #680!

Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic A little fustration.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page