Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 A dream I hope will come true soon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic A dream I hope will come true soon Next Topic  

Antoinettes Vintage
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

antoinette
santa cruz california
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  11:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Antoinettes Vintage's MSN Messenger address  Send Antoinettes Vintage a Yahoo! Message
My dream is to own a 5 or more acre peice of heaven where we can grow our own fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, poultry and honey. My husband is a skilled carpenter/builder and wants a nice large shop of his own to build things for the family and to make a living. I would like to have a 1500 to 1800 sq/ft house where we can raise our family and teach them the truly important things in life.

I hope that soon this dream can come true. We are going to be moving to North Carolina in the summer of 07 and try to buy in the Asheville area. If anyone knows much about this area I would love any input, good or bad.

Antoinette

serenity1652
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Fawn
Elkins WV
USA
140 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  11:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Send serenity1652 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the site. One day your dream will come true.

Fawn

"May all of your farm girl dreams come true...as mine has"

http://shallowcreekfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  11:46:52 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the forums.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  4:45:26 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Antoinette! Keep reaching for your dream, and you have found the right place to prepare your mind, body and soil for farming (oops, I meant to type soul, but I like "soil" too!)
Find yourself a couple of notebooks and use one to take notes from these forums; you will get tons of wonderful ideas from everyone here. Use the second one to make notes of what you are looking for in Asheville. Do you have a realtor near you now who can put you in touch with a good realtor in the area you are looking for. If you give them some idea of what you are looking for, they can email you listings to look at online. Maybe you can get the land locked in before you move. Good luck!

Jo
Go to Top of Page

momjolly
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Campbell
Cincinnati Ohio
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2007 :  3:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Antoinette, what ever happened with your dream? We are looking to relocate to the Asheville area also...and my husband is a skilled carpenter. We have knowledge and experience with many aspects of Native cultures and are avid gardeners. Our son will be going to Warren Wilson College in the fall of 2007. It's time to find our piece of heaven on earth.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  05:20:19 AM  Show Profile
Asheville is beautiful but expensive if your in the "artsy" district in town. I have never lived there but have been a few times. It is very pretty & seems like a great place to live.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic A dream I hope will come true soon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page